• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father in Law Coming HOME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father in Law Coming HOME!!

The wife and I went to visit her dad in rehab yesterday and stayed to watch a physical therapy session. He did better than we imagined he would, making the exercises look like they were child's play. When he was done we went back to his room where we talked and all he wanted was to get out of there. He said that earlier yesterday he was told that the Drs. and Therapists had to have a pow-wow and decide and that they expected him to go home next week. I commented that I voted for Friday (tomorrow) he and my wife laughed and said my vote didn't count.

We talked a while longer and were getting ready to leave when the Supervising Nurse came in. We decided to wait to see what she had to say and she told us that they had their meeting and decided that they were going to discharge him on 6-5-15 ... THIS FRIDAY! The look of relief and joy on his face were plain, all he could say was "Bless you" and his eyes began to tear. The nurse left and all I could say was "D@mn, I'm good ... who said my vote didn't count?"

Up until now, he has been restricted to his bed and the longer he was there, the more lucid and aware he became, which meant the more board and agitated that he became. He was not allowed to get out of bed without assistance ... even though he could - easily. He basically couldn't make a move without a nurse or Aide being there. We figured that he had been in the hospital for almost a month and he is of the belief that a person heals faster at home, so the time must have really dragged for him.

Anyhow, he will be having a visiting nurse and a home therapist coming for a while, but with his attitude and drive, I don't see him needing them long.

Thanks all for the prayers and well wishes, they worked!
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

I'm so glad things are going good for him. I know his pain of being at the mercy of the Drs.

Comment

Re: Father in Law Coming HOME!!

Great news Don!

Thanx for keeping us all 'in the loop'.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');