• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad smell from quik interior detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad smell from quik interior detailer

So I started to use a new bottle last week and when I sprayed on my microfiber and the smell was horrible. It smelt like vinegar, the cleaning and the slickness it leaves behind was still there. Normally I love the smell of the stuff so I was a little surprised when I started to use this new bottle. I had a second unopened bottle on the shelf and it smelled bad to? has any one else get a bad smelly batch?
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Re: Bad smell from quik interior detailer

I just returned a bottle because of this.
    Now I'm looking for something else to use.

Comment

See this thread.

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
      For any of you who have experienced a vinegar smell with QID, please contact our Customer Care Center at 800.347.5700 to have the product replaced. This was a known batch issue and we have since corrected the issue. Those of you who actually enjoy the scent of QID are on target with this - it is a nice smelling product (as is so common with our line) and you have not experienced this particular batch. We do appreciate you chiming in to confirm that this is an anomaly and that the proper scent is indeed pleasant.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just got off the phone with Meguiars Customer Service......you have to email them a picture of the back of the bottle to get it replaced. I mentioned that I'd just ordered it direct from Meguiars, and they told me they do not have access to that information.

Comment

Originally posted by briarpatch View Post
          Just got off the phone with Meguiars Customer Service......you have to email them a picture of the back of the bottle to get it replaced. I mentioned that I'd just ordered it direct from Meguiars, and they told me they do not have access to that information.
          So did you send that to them? I guess they need to somehow verify that it was part of the bad batch. Keep us posted.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Thank you Guz for finding this thread. I will give them a call on Monday.
            2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)

Comment

They just replaced a bottle for me. I had to give them the batch number on the bad bottle.
              2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
              2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Always old stuff floating around... Never be scared to call in and ask... Always good service.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wow I have used this once and just thought it was normal for it to smell that way. Thanks for posting this ill give QID another try. It worked fine but smell was not fine!

Comment

I called customer service yesterday and they wanted pictures of back of the bottles. About an hour later I got an email from Brandan saying they will be shipping two new bottles out to me. There customer service is top notch.
                    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)

Comment

Holy cow, wish I would have seen that post earlier. And nice to see it was my "bump" that brought attention to this issue to the forefront.

Comment

Agreed. I haven't had as good customer service anywhere else. No hassle and they care as where every other place doesn't care cuz they already got ur money and who cares if they lose u as a customer. That's why meguiars been around for over a century!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott's 62 View Post
                          I called customer service yesterday and they wanted pictures of back of the bottles. About an hour later I got an email from Brandan saying they will be shipping two new bottles out to me. There customer service is top notch.
                          That's awesome.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                            So did you send that to them? I guess they need to somehow verify that it was part of the bad batch. Keep us posted.
                            sure did...also forwarded the confirmation I got from Meguiars when I first ordered it...got an email from Brendan Taft telling me they are replacing it and to allow 5-10 days for it to get to me....

Comment

Update: Received my replacement bottle of QID yesterday. Awesome customer service/

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');