• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Detailing Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Detailing Questions

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I just want to say that this community forums has awesome people. I have been lurking a while now and it seems everyone is nice!

Sorry to start a new thread again but I promise this will be as concise as possible. I just bought a new car - kia soul EV and I am planning to detail its exterior this week. The car has only 30kms when I bought it and the paint according to my eyes is still pristine but the problem is it's been transported from Germany to Norway at the back of a trailer truck. I am now thinking doing the 5 step method and would like to ask if these products are the right products for the job.

Shampoo - NXT 2.0 Car wash
    Clay - Meguiar's clay kit
    Polish - Ultimate Polish - (I'm not sure if this is really necessary)
    Wax - Ultimate Liquid Wax or NXT Tech Wax 2.0 ( I don't know which is best)

I hope someone could give me some tips as to which products are best to use.

Thanks!

That's perfect setup. Now polish is what gives u its shine and compound takes out defects such as swirls and minor scratches. So depending on ur paint u may need to add ultimate compound. Next step would b ur ultimate polish which further refines the finish and really makes the paint pop. Then goes ur wax to protect.

Comment

Re: New to Detailing Questions

You have the right products. You can't go wrong with either NXT or Ultimate Wax. Ultimate wax will last a little longer.

Try a test spot with ultimate polish. If you like what you see then you can continue with it around the car. If it's not needed then go ahead and wax.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

If nothing else, at least do a Colorx, White Wax step before the ult wax.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Welcome to MOL too!

Comment

Thanks for the answers! But I'm wondering if I opt to have the white wax, then the car's paint is titanium silver, would it be good for the paint? I thought about buying the dark wax at first.

One more thing, the glass frame on the side have some matte finish plastics. Can any of you recommend me what to do with them? And at the back of the car, it has some clear, glass like plastic panel - I don't know exactly what to do with it.

Agian thank you so much for the inputs guys! I really appreciate them!

Comment

Originally posted by RazeaC View Post
              Thanks for the answers! But I'm wondering if I opt to have the white wax, then the car's paint is titanium silver, would it be good for the paint? I thought about buying the dark wax at first.

One more thing, the glass frame on the side have some matte finish plastics. Can any of you recommend me what to do with them? And at the back of the car, it has some clear, glass like plastic panel - I don't know exactly what to do with it.

Agian thank you so much for the inputs guys! I really appreciate them!
              White Wax=more abrasives, better cutting/cleaning, Black Wax=more polishing oils, less cutting/cleaning. Despite the names, it doesn't matter what color car you use them on. You can use Ultimate Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Wax on the matte finish around the windows and on the "glass like plastic panel" with no issues.
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');