• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compared NXT Glass Cleaner with the Detailer Line Glass Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compared NXT Glass Cleaner with the Detailer Line Glass Cleaner

Here's what I found.

I used the Subaru that had been driven about 350 highway miles, with lots of splattered springtime insects on the windshield. The bugs had been on the windshield for several days. Outside temp about 60*. I did half the windshield with each product, and did my best to prevent overspray.

Results:

The Detailer Glass cleaner is a bit stronger and evaporates slower. And it takes a few more swipes to wipe clean. You have to order it or search it out at a distributor, and because you have to mix it and buy a separate bottle for it, it's inconvenient.

(edit: left this part out; But it will clean off bugs easier that the NXT will.)

The NXT Glass Cleaner is easier to use and wipes off cleaner and more quickly. It comes from Walmart and is ready to use.

I mean, flip a coin; they're both great. When I cleaned the glass tables on the porch furniture, the ones that had been sitting out all winter, I used the Detailer Line glass cleaner and I gotta tell you that stuff is fantastic. IMO it is as great a glass cleaner as the NXT, but for different reasons. It's a Ruth/Cobb debate; pick 'em!

Tom
    Last edited by Mosca; May 27, 2005, 04:21 AM.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');