• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Glass

I recently picked up on something called Liquid Glass. It seems this product has been around for "decades" but I've never heard of it. The ease of application along with claims of protection and gloss demand interest but I don't see how any product could match the claims that I've read about this product. If anyone has experience with this product please reply with any details of your experience.

Re: Liquid Glass

The reviews on Amazon are almost too good to be true for this product. My co-worker swears by it.

Comment

Belonged to a Corvette club years ago....this product was pretty much all the 'Vette owners used

Comment

I tried it back in the late 70's when I had my first 'Vette after reading all the pumped-up claims in the Corvette magazines.
        My go-to products at the time were Classic Slipstream Paste and two Meguiar's products, M07 and M16 paste. I saw no advantage in longevity with the LG over my current stuff and less gloss, so it went to the back of the shelf until the can rusted out.
        As the man says, "your mileage may vary".
        Bill

Comment

This stuff has been around for YEARS! I remember a can of it in my parents garage... used it on my Buick Skylark!!! LOL, memories! The claims seem ehh... Im not sure if its a polish, sealant or AIO...

This amazing special formula makes it possible to coat your vehicle with a clear, hard, smooth, and mirror-like finish with a minimum of effort. The finish will not crack, chip, peel, or turn yellow. Liquid Glass is safe for use on today's clearcoats, gelcoats, acrylics, metalflakes, candy apples, pearls, plastic paints, epoxies, urethanes, etc. Also does an excellent job on chrome, aluminum, stainless steel, brass, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack View Post
            I tried it back in the late 70's when I had my first 'Vette after reading all the pumped-up claims in the Corvette magazines.
            My go-to products at the time were Classic Slipstream Paste and two Meguiar's products, M07 and M16 paste. I saw no advantage in longevity with the LG over my current stuff and less gloss, so it went to the back of the shelf until the can rusted out.
            As the man says, "your mileage may vary".
            Bill
            Now I remember this stuff. The Chevrolet dealer I bought a 70 vette from applied it but wouldn't say what it was. They had a Corvette on the showroom floor that had been treated with the stuff. For some reason there was a rumor that Jubilee furniture wax was actually what they were using on Corvettes to create that wet look appearance.

Comment

I searched for this thread because yeah, the Amazon reviews are really high. I also used it in the past when I was a teenager I found a can of it my dad must have bought. I remember it was a wax that created a lot of gloss compared to "Turtle Wax," especially the Turtle Wax spray wax. But I still wasn't bowled over by it because I was waxing a 10 year old metallic paint on a '79 Pontiac that had never seen more than a wash and wax. I did not know how to use compound in those days. I would have needed rotary skills and a machine, neither of which I had. Ten years later in the 90's I started using clay, Meguiars "Paint Cleaner" and then later upgraded to Mirror Glaze "Swirl Remover." I was still leaving a lot of fine swirls but No.7 covers a multitude of fine defects and gives deep gloss. About 10 years ago I started using Fine Cut Cleaner and then Swirl Remover 2.0. I was getting closer, but it wasn't until 105 and 205 that I had the means to polish out years of swirl marks (my cars tend to average about 10 years old), and finish with a polish that truly left the paint "swirl free." The swirl marks, which are actually always present, were now too fine to see, even without soaking them in No.7.

I would consider using Liquid Glass again. I just bought UW. I wanted M21, but couldn't find it except in 64 oz. It would get funky before I used all that. I just had a throw out some Gold Class because it separated and got funky after many years. I don't think it would make a lot of difference if I used any of those. What really makes the difference is the prep work, taking the clearcoat down to a smooth surface and polishing the clearcoat around the scratches and swirlmarks until those defects are no longer deep enough to see.

Now I am interested in how well Renaissance Wax will work. I've got a little bit of it, and I'm going to try it on the car I'm polishing now. It should work better than beeswax or paraffin, but beyond that I've no clue. I use it on all kinds of other stuff, wood, leather, and metal. In any event, I know the result will depend on how well I prepare the paint for the wax.

Comment

I used to use it until I found the detailing forums and learned how to really make a car look much better than LG and in much less time.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');