• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaner wax question and a nanoskin sponge question also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner wax question and a nanoskin sponge question also

hello all.hope all Is doing well.the 1st question i have is can you apply a cleaner wax with a DA?an if so on which speed and pad?the 2nd question is with the nanoskin sponge do you feel the sponge pulling on the junk like the clay do?if so you stop working the spot when it smooth out.thanks

Re: cleaner wax question and a nanoskin sponge question also

Yes to your first question. You can use a cleaner wax with various pads. If you are just looking to apply it like a wax then use a finishing pad. If you are looking to do some correction with one you can use it either with a polishing pad or a cutting pad.

For example I used white wax with the new burgundy cutting disc to use it for correction. I used it just like a compound.

As far as the nanoskin sponge. I find that a fine grade clay picks up more contaminants than a sponge. Especially if the car hasn't been clayed in awhile. I've actually gone over an area with the sponge and I could feel it get smooth. I followed up with a clay bar after removing the residue and the clay bar picked up more contaminants.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');