• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7336 and 7424 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7336 and 7424 questions

OK so i guess the 7336 and 7424 are practically identical. I am a first time detailer of my cars, so please bare with me. Lowe's has teh 7336 for 100 bucks, and i cant find the 7424 at any stores.
    my thing is, i dont have time to order online and wait/pay extra for shipping. I need to do my details in the next few days. so i am thinking of getting the 7336 from Lowe's.

but i need to know what pads i should get . i purchased mothers clay, and nxt tech wax. thats what im plainning on using on my S class mercedes, ( silver, almadine black and nautic blue), anyways, does anyone know some place in Orange calif. tht sells the pads i need to attach to this 7336, thanks so much
    1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue
    1998 S500 Brilliant Silver
    2001 S500 Almadine Black
    2005 C320wz Granite Grey

Hi vdubpower,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

What you need to do is to locate a PBE store, that stands for Paint, Body and Equipment, they are the auto parts stores that cater you your local body shops. They will usually have a good selection of compounds, polishes and foam pads. I wrote a how to article just for locating a PBE store, check out method three..

How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown

Now where is that Lowe's discussion forum?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

wheres teh lowes thread
      1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue
      1998 S500 Brilliant Silver
      2001 S500 Almadine Black
      2005 C320wz Granite Grey

Comment

Originally posted by vdubpower
        wheres teh lowes thread
        My comment is a friendly jab at Lowe's as they sell a lot of Porter Cable polishers, but when people want to know how to use them they come here to ask their questions.

The point is, you can get the PC cheap at Lowe's, but you can't get any expert advice to help you use it. Thus my question...

Where is the Lowe's discussion forum?

The "Lowe's Discussion Forum", is not a "thread" on this forum or any forum, the point I was trying to make is there is no Lowe's discussion forum for people to ask Lowe's experts how to use the things they sell.

In the end, we supply the support for Lowe's and we miss out on the sale. That's a win/win deal for Lowe's and a lose/win deal for Meguiar's. We lose the sale, but hopefully, we make a friend by helping them to get what they want, i.e. a shiny car.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

He, he, he,

On Saturday at the detailing 101 class a comment was made about buying Meguiar's products at a paint shop. To remind us that we weren't talking about house paint stores it was jokingly noted that Sherwin-Williams was probably not the best place to look.

Guess what? My favorite automotive paint supplier is the Sherwin-Williams store in Orange! (on Katella, over near The Pond and the Century theaters) And I do buy Meguiar's professional products there. Mainly, what they keep on the shelves are products applicable to body shops, pads, finishing papers, #84 and #85, etc but they can get anything in a day or two.

I've also heard Senik Paint (around the corner on Main) stocks Meguiar's heavily (but they aren't open on Saturday's when I'm usually in the neighborhood).

If you're willing to drive a little further Detailing Depot in Costa Mesa (2146 Newport Blvd., Ste. “B”) stocks a lot of Meguiar's Pro and Detailer line. (They might stock the G-100 too but I don't remember.)

Check the Dealer locator and call around to see who's got what in stock.

If you're buying from Lowes you're better off with a 7336 than a 7424 anyway. The 7424 comes with a fixed (and lame) foam pad. The 7336 comes with a hook&loop backing plate so you can use it with Meguiar's foam pads. I've read that it's not as good as Meguiar's backing plate but should be adequate in a pinch.

PC.

Comment

< is going to look for a pc locally tonight...I have to jump on this while I have the other half convinced it's a good idea-I tried both times Megs had the online members only deal and it wouldn't fly...

HOWEVER, I will definitely buy all Meg's stuff to go with the PC, so it's not a total loss to Megs...Lowes may get the PC sale, but Meg's will get all the follow up business in soft goods (pads, backers-trying a local pbe store tonight for those) & the chemicals too (that's a whole new world of product to buy!!)

Now the loooonnnggg half hour wait until I'm outta work for the day!!

Comment

True the Lowes PC can be had for about $40-$50 cheaper than theG100.

The Lowes PC comes with a one year manufacturer warranty and you have the option of buying an extended three warranty for about $30- $40.

The G100 has a LIFTIME warranty. I currently own four PCs and the newest one (about four months old) already has a bad bearing chattering noise coming from it.

Too bad for me that mine isn’t a Meguiars. I now believe the G100 is a better buy.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The G100 is $125 more than the pc at Lowes. I have been using Meguires products by hand but if they want to cry because I won't pay double the price for the exact same pc then perhaps all of my money is best spent elsewhere.......

Comment

Originally posted by RRaider
                  The G100 is $125 more than the pc at Lowes. I have been using Meguires products by hand but if they want to cry because I won't pay double the price for the exact same pc then perhaps all of my money is best spent elsewhere.......
                  You can get a better deal if you buy a special collection of products from Meguiars that includes the G100.......At least I did.
                  r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by RRaider
                    if they want to cry because I won't pay double the price for the exact same pc then perhaps all of my money is best spent elsewhere.......
                    Each person has to determine what the best value is for their money, after that decision is made, Meguiar's Online is here to help you get the best results from your time, money and efforts using Meguiar's products.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

In the end, we supply the support for Lowe's and we miss out on the sale. That's a win/win deal for Lowe's and a lose/win deal for Meguiar's. We lose the sale, but hopefully, we make a friend by helping them to get what they want, i.e. a shiny car.
                      I would argue that it's a win/win for Meguiar's as well. If someone buys a buffer at Lowe's but has to come to you for advice and pads and polish to use their buffer Lowe's had a 1 time sale but Meguiar's obtained a repeat (Hopefully long term) customer and everyone in the retail industry knows long term repeat customers are worth much more that single sale customers. You aren't providing the support for Lowe's but for your pads, polishes, waxes and other products.

Comment

although i got the lowes pc, i did still spend the same amoubt on meguiars products....and i soon will have the opportunity to detail an addition 3-4 cars in exchange for cash...which in turn will also be spent here...

Comment

For what its worth.........

I think the question of cost is mainly an issue with people that are new to detailing (I know it was for me). As such, there is some apprehension in buying a $250 tool that you have never put your hands on, strictly on the advice of people that you don't know, with the belief that you will get the same results.

I for one was concerned that I would be able to get the same results as the people that were posting pictures on this forum (I have seen some pretty amazing things just in the last month). Now that I have hindsight I wish I would have bought the G100, but I was not willing to put up the investment up front (and I will probably pay for it in the long run - since I am finding a reason to use my PC every weekend).

However, if I bought the PC from Lowes, started detailing and determined that I did not get the enjoyment (use) I thought I would - then I would feel like I made a good decision in buying the cheaper version (as it would suffice for the 2-3 times a year I would wax my vehicle).

So, what is my point? Why doesn't Meguiars offer both - the 7336 and the G100? Like a pro-sumer and a proffesional product offering? Meguiars would make money on both and newbies would feel good in springing for the cheaper version if they are unsure.

I know this forum has been invaluable - a place where you can ask basic questions and not get trashed for not knowing the difference between NXT and Gold Class or when to use #83 vs. #80. I am sure that more people would be willing to send their money to Meguiars if only the option was available.

G-

Comment

the diff is the warranty, so how could a cheaper one be offered....also, i think it would go against what meguiars does, stand behind everything....

Comment

Originally posted by g15389
                              For what its worth.........

I think the question of cost is mainly an issue with people that are new to detailing (I know it was for me). As such, there is some apprehension in buying a $250 tool that you have never put your hands on, strictly on the advice of people that you don't know, with the belief that you will get the same results.G-
                              There is another option, and that is to buy a used one. I have seen them for sale in pawn shops around here, and the machines can be rebuilt, since they are made for heavy duty use anyway.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');