• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review - Citrus Grove Air-Refresher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review - Citrus Grove Air-Refresher

I was satisfied with the performance of the New Car Scent Air-Refresher. Seeing that there are two new scents for 2015 I decided to pick up both and try them out. I'm a big fan of these and they tend to last quite awhile. I don't have any odors in my car but if I did I would not hesitate to use one of these. It's great because I could always open up the vents or tun on the AC and I can get a nice whiff of the scent.

These things are pretty potent so it's best to follow the directions and let the car air out for 10-15 min as directed on the back of the box.

These are pretty straight forward to use. It's basically a fogger packed great scenty goodness.

The citrus grove has a citrus fruity type scent. To me it didn't feel as overpowering as the new car scent right after use. It does smell very good. Reminds me of juicy fruit gum.

For those that are not familiar with these this is what the packaging looks like.

They are not very large

This is the top that is pressed down to release the product. This is after using it as the trigger is in the down position.

I switch up the location on my car. I will sometimes place it between the front and rear seats or on the center console. It works in both locations. This time I decided to place it on the center console. Here it is doing it's thing

One tip I do have is if one has access to a garage I would recommend leaving the windows open over night. This way it won't overpower the nose the next day. Especially for those that are a little more sensitive. If there is no access to a garage then let the car air out for 10-15 min per the directions.

Overall this is another great product and great scent for this line.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Review - Citrus Grove Air-Refresher

I keep all 3 in stock and let my customers choose what they want. My last 5 have all went with the Citrus, seems very popular so far!! Good stuff. Maybe a vanilla or cherry next?
    Mike Sommer
    FirehouseDetail.com
    Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

If they made them in Supreme Shine scent, id buy em by the case!
      2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

Comment

The car was sitting untouched for 2 days and the one thing I did notice is the scent is not lingering as long as new car scent. It's lost quite a bit of it's punch over those 2 days. I will see how it does over the next few days.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ac or no ac?

Comment

Both.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Picked one of these up last night to give it a go. The smell is pretty good, but I am really happy that it was able to get into EVERY where in the car.

Might try the summer breeze scent next time. Might be more up my alley scent wise.

Comment

Guz..Sorry, when you say both, does that mean 8 minutes on each, or it doesn't matter, pick one and run it the whole time?

Comment

Originally posted by larry33 View Post
                  Guz..Sorry, when you say both, does that mean 8 minutes on each, or it doesn't matter, pick one and run it the whole time?

So what were you exactly asking? How to use it? If you are I just followed the directions on the box.

What I was referring to was the scent not being as potent as new car scent with or without the AC after being used.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Haha..thanks for responding. I should have been more specific. The instructions are to put blower on high and recirculate. It says nothing about whether the AC button should be on or not while running the treatment. Wondered if you used the AC on while running the treatment or if that matters

Comment

I think he means whether you used it with your ac on or off.[during the fogging process]

Comment

I left the AC off as the car wasn't running. Kept the heater set on recirc and the blower motor running on full blast. That is all you should need to do.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea as opposed to having your car idling for 15min. Plus like you said it doesn't need to be on AC, just the fan/blower on hi.

Comment

I honestly don't think it matters if the AC is on or not. As long as the blower is on that is what you want. But that depends on what the car's feature is. Older cars don't have the recirculate feature. I just turn mine to the blower setting at the highest speed and let it go. I have tried the new car scent one both ways with and without the AC with no ill effects.
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

They don't recommend doing it with the AC on. Just the fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');