• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longevity of Ultimate Past Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longevity of Ultimate Past Wax

I am curious as too how long Ultimate Past Wax last for vehicles stored outdoors in a climate like FL. My results have varied from 2 to 4 moths on different vehicles. I was recently told by a body shop I should try Finish Kare 1000P (Big White Hi-Temp) or Barrett Jackson's new line of wax but have been using Meguiars products for some time.

Re: Longevity of Ultimate Past Wax

Sealants like UW can typically last between 4-6 months. It all depends on the surrounding environment. Is this on your personal vehicles? If so have you may want to incorporate ultimate quik wax to extend the life a little.

Can't comment on finish kare other than I heard it can be difficult to apply and remove.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Did you clay the surface prior to waxing?
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

2012 and 2015 Toyotas and I have never gotten longer than 4 months and that's pushing it. I clayed the 2012 even though it did not need it and it made no difference as far as how long the coating last. It seems the hotter it gets the less time the UW last here in FL which is why I posted my question. On my sons 96 Buick I have used both UW paste and New Finish liquid (smells horrible) after a repaint and noticed no difference in shine or durability.

Comment

It's the weather and humidity. You can boost it almost daily as a quick cleaning method with Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (UWWA) as well as UQW, say weekly. Works for me using carnauba-based waxes, UWWA and GCQW.
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

High heat will kill any sealant and especially a wax.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yep. The key, as we've all said again and again, is to forget and get over how long protection might last, and just maintain it every day with Meguiar's spray products (WW, QD, QW) and careful cleaning. Fortunately, that's easier than re-waxing every week by hand or DA (unless you just want to do that)

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
                Yep. The key, as we've all said again and again, is to forget and get over how long protection might last, and just maintain it every day with Meguiar's spray products (WW, QD, QW) and careful cleaning. Fortunately, that's easier than re-waxing every week by hand or DA (unless you just want to do that)
                Don't have the time for daily detailing, hence the reason for my question.

Comment

You don't have to use a QD or QW daily. You can use something like ultimate quik wax after every wash.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Basically I only want to wash, wax the cars, then only vacuum and wash them on the weekends. Other than working on my hotrod I just don't have the time for the extra maintenance

Comment

Search using ultimate quick wax as a drying aid.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by eagleguy007 View Post
                        Don't have the time for daily detailing, hence the reason for my question.
                        You don't have 10 minutes to spare to touch up a car as needed between full washings, etc? Waxes, sealants, or coatings will not keep the car(s) clean, no matter how long they might last. If you want a daily clean look, you have to daily detail, but if you want your protection to last in the hot, wet South, trust me, you need to be boosting it regularly. That was my point, in that it only takes minutes with UWWA, for example, or to QW after a wash. The daily part is not the work you seem to think it is, but it's the key to avoiding lots of too-frequent washing and correcting, which is lots of work.

Comment

Used the Finish Kare 1000P (from the other Meguiar) on a 2015 Gray Toyota Venza. Goes on and comes off easy like Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax (UPW) when put on thin. Gives a similar finish to a wet candy like Meguiars NXT which I like for my 71 Buick. Much more slick than UPW. As far as longevity time will tell.
                          A day later I used the 1000P on my 2012 Camry. Put it on a little thicker and found it a little harder to remove. Same results as the Venza. Neither vehicle was clayed as quite frankly I was too lazy. If I had some easy on off polish on hand I may have tried doing that first but I am always concerned about compatibility issues. Tried the Meguiars Ultimate Polish once and hated it. Now we wait and see! According to my records I only got 3 months out of the Meguiars UPW this time round here in Florida before it looked like it was time for a refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleguy007 View Post
                            Used the Finish Kare 1000P (from the other Meguiar) on a 2015 Gray Toyota Venza. Goes on and comes off easy like Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax (UPW) when put on thin. Gives a similar finish to a wet candy like Meguiars NXT which I like for my 71 Buick. Much more slick than UPW. As far as longevity time will tell.
                            A day later I used the 1000P on my 2012 Camry. Put it on a little thicker and found it a little harder to remove. Same results as the Venza. Neither vehicle was clayed as quite frankly I was too lazy. If I had some easy on off polish on hand I may have tried doing that first but I am always concerned about compatibility issues. Tried the Meguiars Ultimate Polish once and hated it. Now we wait and see! According to my records I only got 3 months out of the Meguiars UPW this time round here in Florida before it looked like it was time for a refresh.
                            I just re read your last post. So you have not been claying prior to applying UPW? Claying helps a sealant bond to the paint and with longevity.

I suspect you may have the same issue with finish kare.

What was your issue with ultimate polish? It always comes down to technique and proper use.
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

I am not looking to dwell on whether to clay or not because I am not.
                              The ultimate polish for me never sets up right.
                              Both vehicles are as new and for me the UPW just does not last as long as I would like during the hot summers here in FL.
                              For now lets just see how the Finish Care holds up compared to UPW under the same application and conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');