• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by KC

Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI
    The letters
    it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Re: Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by K

Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI
    The letters ‘CGI’ are ‘Benz-Speak’ for direct fuel injection

most famous star

‘BlueEFFICIENCY’ – the name given to its efforts to reduce energy consumption. And when the German giant tackles an engineering challenge, historically the results have been spectacular.

PROS
    Superb interior and exterior style; BlueEFFICIENCY technology

CONS
    No reversing camera; lacks low-down throttle response

always begin body prep with clay after proper wash down

Water mark can be a huge problem in our country because of the mineral content in the water and acid rains . You may have noticed those nasty spots just won’t come off after you have rinsed off your vehicle or your car during wash. Water mark are caused water and the mineral content found in our main pipe - water. Water that lands on a vehicles surface whether its glass or paint, will bead up slightly depending on the surface tension. On cars with very poor paint or extremely oxidized paint, the paint will be more porous and the water will seep “into” the paint more and not cause as much water spotting. But on cars like this, water spots will generally be the least of your problems. On newer cars and vehicles that are kept in much better condition, the problem will be more visible as the water will bead up much more on the surface. Usually water beading is a good thing but when city water is left standing on a paint surface, it’s not such a good thing. The water needs to be wiped off and dried to prevent water spotting. If city water is left on the surface the sun will evaporate the water leaving only the minerals behind. These minerals will adhere, or worse, “etch” into the paint surface and bond with the paint causing an unsightly blemish ring, or water spot.

WASH - OCS with All Purpose cleaner to strip away any pre existing wax
    SURFACE PREP - Clay with onr as lube
    Wipe down with - ONR as QD
    Paint correction - initial - Makita M9227 with polish pad...wouldnt able to resolve water mark
    Move to heavier correction combination - OPT Cutting Pad with Meguairs M101 at 1200-1500 rpm
    Finish with Flex Meguairs - Soft buff foam pad with Meguairs M205

Protection -
    Opti Lense for head lamp
    Opti Fabric for seats

water marks

more mineral deposit

water mark

mineral deposit from wash down roof mineral deposit

inflicted the whole car like
    fungal infection

Move to heavier correction combination - OPT Cutting Pad with Meguairs M101 at 1200-1500 rpm

Makita M9227 with polish pad...wouldnt able to resolve water mark

initial

failed attempt - polishing and retry

retry

spot check after compounding

ish with Flex Meguairs - Soft buff foam pad with Meguairs M205

suscessful water mark / mineral deposit removed

interior

interior clean by ALL PURPOSE CLEANER and coated
    whitish stains on the front seats

detailing blog

Comment

Re: Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by K

Nicely done! How do you like M101 compared to others, particularly UC?
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
        Nicely done! How do you like M101 compared to others, particularly UC?
        UC is a good start

When u progress u will be looking at M105

Then ultimately M101

Just like when u learn driving any car will do

When u progress u desire a more powerful car

Now u might desire only Ferrari and Lamborghini mclaren Bugatti
        Heheheheheh

detailing blog

Comment

Good analogy, but what is the real difference between those 3, in your experience??

Comment

Good analogy, but what is the real difference between those 3, in your experience??

::::T::::

detailing blog

Comment

So, your unhelpful answer seems to be that you do not know of any real difference between these products. M101 is no different than UC, except costing 3 times more and being available only by mail order. Thanx. What a pro.

Comment

So, your unhelpful answer seems to be that you do not know of any real difference between these products. M101 is no different than UC, except costing 3 times more and being available only by mail order. Thanx. What a pro.
                apologies top gear, if my answer is not what you are looking for

i am not sure yuor UC referes

to put everything in perspective

Ultimate compound can be applied by hands and it has lower cuts where as if you use M101 by hand on black.......opssssss hazes appear
                both are made for different market and preference....

Facts
                Ultimate Compound is a little stronger than M83, which is about 6 out of 12 on the cutting scale. M105 is a 12 out of 12 on the cutting scale.

Michael confirmed both M105 and M101 rated both equal on the scale at 12, http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Compound/page4

both are make for same purpose but for different market or cars and paint make. I choose M101 over M105, is because i work on mostly european cars and with foam pad

you may want to refer to the chart to view better

detailing blog

Comment

Thanks, KC. I've seen that chart, and others. Just trying to get a good feel for what to reasonably expect.

Recently, with DAMF, I've used some left over UC from a previous setup on the MF Xtra Cut and Cutting Discs at max speed and pressure on some very hard paint. I found UC to cut noticeably more than D300. With UC/Xtra Cut, I'd do say 4 pass/loads and then come back with D300/Cutting to remove marring and smooth it out with maybe 2 pass/loads. In some areas, I went to 1500/3000 sanding, because even with so many passes, the cut was just not enough. The sanding marks/haze come out instantly with D300/Cutting.

So, this is why I've been looking at M101.

Comment

Thanks, KC. I've seen that chart, and others. Just trying to get a good feel for what to reasonably expect.

Recently, with DAMF, I've used some left over UC from a previous setup on the MF Xtra Cut and Cutting Discs at max speed and pressure on some very hard paint. I found UC to cut noticeably more than D300. With UC/Xtra Cut, I'd do say 4 pass/loads and then come back with D300/Cutting to remove marring and smooth it out with maybe 2 pass/loads. In some areas, I went to 1500/3000 sanding, because even with so many passes, the cut was just not enough. The sanding marks/haze come out instantly with D300/Cutting.

So, this is why I've been looking at M101.
                    Thanks Top Gear for sharing, I have not tried D300 to what i gather is less aggressive than M105...M101 is more aggressive if it is to be used on a rotary! highly recommend on DA!

I had to use the most aggressive way to dealt with this water spots! I choose M101 with rotary....

Frankly speaking we are not so fortunate....to access all kind of product here.....with limited choice and hardly affordable . since M101 available I grab it

just to give u a scenario, M205 per gallon cost - USD 160 here and i just refill 2 ......

given me a choice, I would buy every one of it and try if i am in states.....have fun working out your car and suggesting you to try on other car to enlarge your working experience! it is always good to re attempt your car later

detailing blog

Comment

Very nice work as always KC!
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

The paint on that Benz looks identical to the paint on a 2013 Mercedes E350 Bluetech that I've cleaned a couple of times now.. Boy oh boy that car is a PITA to wash!

1st time I washed it [Gold Class Shampoo] I was forced to do it in the full sun and it was about 85 degrees out.. You can imagine.. Things got a bit weird after I was done with the initial drying as there were visible holograms over the paint. No rotary swirls at all. Simply holograms. I used D115 after the wash and even though it was literally smoking on contact with the black paint, it was able to save my butt and remover the water spots from washing in the heat.

Next time I washed it in ideal conditions [6am] and made sure not to waste any time and kept it fresh with water the whole time, washing 1 side of the car, rinsing, and moving along. Did a final sheet, and the most gentle drying of the little amount of water with a clean Water Magnet. I moved into the interior figuring the outside was finished.. As I was nearly done with the interior the sun began to come up and once it did I noticed fresh water spots all over the car from the final rinse! What the heck.. Could the water coming out of the hose be be the cause? Or could it be a case of the most finicky paint I've ever come across? I only live 2 blocks away and I've never had a problem with the water spotting paint. I'm no expert on water so my 1st guess is it's the car.

So now that there's spots all over the car I begin a D115 wipedown. But since the car doesn't have a proper coat of wax I'm almost cringing though the wipedown, afraid I'm causing swirls because the paint's so dry.. Water spots came clean, and it already had swirls.

At this point I'm somewhat convinced that paint was purposely engineered to not play nice.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          Very nice work as always KC!

Thanks buddy Davey G for your kind words

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                          The paint on that Benz looks identical to the paint on a 2013 Mercedes E350 Bluetech that I've cleaned a couple of times now.. Boy oh boy that car is a PITA to wash!

1st time I washed it [Gold Class Shampoo] I was forced to do it in the full sun and it was about 85 degrees out.. You can imagine.. Things got a bit weird after I was done with the initial drying as there were visible holograms over the paint. No rotary swirls at all. Simply holograms. I used D115 after the wash and even though it was literally smoking on contact with the black paint, it was able to save my butt and remover the water spots from washing in the heat.

Next time I washed it in ideal conditions [6am] and made sure not to waste any time and kept it fresh with water the whole time, washing 1 side of the car, rinsing, and moving along. Did a final sheet, and the most gentle drying of the little amount of water with a clean Water Magnet. I moved into the interior figuring the outside was finished.. As I was nearly done with the interior the sun began to come up and once it did I noticed fresh water spots all over the car from the final rinse! What the heck.. Could the water coming out of the hose be be the cause? Or could it be a case of the most finicky paint I've ever come across? I only live 2 blocks away and I've never had a problem with the water spotting paint. I'm no expert on water so my 1st guess is it's the car.

So now that there's spots all over the car I begin a D115 wipedown. But since the car doesn't have a proper coat of wax I'm almost cringing though the wipedown, afraid I'm causing swirls because the paint's so dry.. Water spots came clean, and it already had swirls.

At this point I'm somewhat convinced that paint was purposely engineered to not play nice.
                          LOL
                          very very well said

I agree

detailing blog

Comment

How is the air pollution there? I was wondering if it's the reason for the bad water spots you've been showing us or if it's because of neglect to the cars.
                            2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by GLOCKer View Post
                              How is the air pollution there? I was wondering if it's the reason for the bad water spots you've been showing us or if it's because of neglect to the cars.

Thakns Glocker for asking

Our tropic climate is hot through out the year + lots of acids rain =water spots

detailing blog

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');