• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Just used my PC for the first time (applied NXT using the SONUS BLUE Finishing pad), and was very impressed on how easy it was to use and remove.
    But was wondering the best way to load a pad with the paste wax.

Any recommendations ??

Mike

Re: Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Originally posted by medwards
    Just used my PC for the first time (applied NXT using the SONUS BLUE Finishing pad), and was very impressed on how easy it was to use and remove.

Any recommendations ??

Mike
    You can hold the edge of you pad against the wax in the can and quickly, blip the on/off button, or use a spoon, knife, spatula, etc. to scoop some out and spread onto the pad.

Scottwax uses the spanner wrench that comes with the PC, as long as everything is clean, any of the above ideas will work.

Remember: When working with M16 only apply very thin coats as this is a true hard wax, when it sets up, it sets up hard and it can be very difficult to remove if you apply too thick of a coating.

Also, use a wiping cloth with a nap, terry cloth works great for your first pass, then do a second wipe to insure any remaining wax is removed using microfiber. Often times when I remove M16 I'll see what looks like a scratch in the finish when in reality it's a long, thin strip of wax. Simply buff this off gently with a microfiber.

Good luck and have fun!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Re: Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      ...Often times when I remove M16 I'll see what looks like a scratch in the finish when in reality it's a long, thin strip of wax. Simply buff this off gently with a microfiber...
      I was panic when I saw the scratch-look-alike 2 weeks ago which actually I found out that it's the unbuffed area of M16.
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Any recommendations ??

Mike
        Well, let me tell you what I did today and it worked well. If there is something I should be worried about, please pipe in.

I bought a lot of Gold Class Paste Wax from the eBay Katrina thing and needed to use it with my DA today. I tried the spanner method as Mike indicated above but wasn't having much luck with that and it was going on way to heavy. I decided to get a foam applicator, swiped the wax in the can with it a little heavily, and spread it out on a panel (fender). Then, picked up the DA (already primed with wax and was not just dry) and laid the pad in the bulk of the smeared on wax and turned it on. This worked great and I found I was not using so much product.

Remember, I used Gold Class. NXT may leave streaks where you smeared it on like I did with the pad. I know it smears when I kinda use this approach by hand. Someday, I will try the DA with NXT but today, the GC came out like WOW. So, it may be awhile until I switch back. I am not sure if using the DA gave me more then typical results, but for some reason, I think it did. I LOVE THIS HOBBY.
        Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

I usually just use a plastic razor blade, in fact I keep one in each can of past wax. The best way though, seems to be using a spatula of some kind. I have a rubber bladed one that I trimmed to fit into a can of wax, but for some reason I seldom bother getting it out- guess old habits die hard and I'm used to the blades. I distribute the wax as evenly as I can and then I use the plastic razor blade to wipe as much as I can back off/out of the pad. You don't need much on there. I apply #16 at speed "4" when I use the PC/G-100 (but I prefer to use the Cyclo ).
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Any recommendations ??

Mike
            ask meguiars to make 4" pads like sonus do, they fit right in the tub

Comment

Re: Re: Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Originally posted by Alex7938
              ask meguiars to make 4" pads like sonus do, they fit right in the tub
              Yeah, another reason why I like the Cyclo for this

I too wish they made 4" pads.
              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Best way to get #16 onto a PC Pad ?

Originally posted by Accumulator
                I too wish they made 4" pads.
                I use the lake country 4" pads. I know it's not Meguiar's sorry Mike.
                As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');