• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to share this experience... (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to share this experience... (rant)

So last weekend, I went out early Saturday morning to wash and take care of some details on my car for a car show on Sunday. It was HOT outside pretty early, and the sun swung around and started baking my black car. I was doing a good job of keeping it wet until I could properly dry it. The car was actually coming out great...

...until the neighbors lawn crew showed up!

Those A--es put so much junk in the air! I was pretty much rinsing off the last bit of soap when they started up their equipment and I was in a mad dash to finish the car as soon as they pulled up. I ended up putting a partially wet car in the garage because I didn't have time to finish drying it with my electric leaf blower.

When all was said and done, I pulled my care back out of the garage to find it was covered in dust, water spots, and water spots filled with dust. I was so damn angry! I ended up not showing the car because it looked like ****!
    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Re: Had to share this experience... (rant)

I feel your pain on that one. Substitute clay dust for dust and clippings and you get my normal experience.

Comment

Pain in the rear end. I would have rewashed it with Megs D114 in the garage.

Comment

I hate the lawn care people at my condo. EVERY damn time they cut the lawn they blow all of it on my car and I've even had them blow it in my garage when it was open.

One of these days I'm going to snap and take away their leaf blowers.

Comment

That's right! Leaf blowers are good for only one thing, and its not blowing leaves.�� They're for drying your freshly washed car into a perfectly clear and spot free condition ready for detailing.��

Comment

I had a sergeant where I work that would flip out on the lawn crew every time they came to do our precinct. Without fail, they would start up all their equipment and hose his car with junk in the parking lot, with his windows down!

ARGHHHH! I could shake my fist at every lawn crew I see!
            2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Allow me to provide a bit of insight from the latin point of view.. They show up in their truck/van and instantly resent your misuse of the leafblower.. They say to themselves [in spanish] "check this out, this guy thinks he's fancy"! Electric leaf blower and all.. Lol.

"Hey Jose, why don't you show this guy nextdoor how a leafblower's supposed to be used" *grumble grumble*

I've worked out several solutions for this particular situation:

1. Use a Master Blaster Sidekick instead of a leafblower. Mexican gardeners seem to think of themselves as the pros when it comes to using leafblowers..[believe me, I'm Mexican] But you can throw them a real curveball if you're wielding a Master Blaster. All you have to do is stand up after drying a wheel, look the leafblower guy dead in the eye and act like something truly important is going on and he better not even think about turning his antique gas blower on until you're done using the Blaster! Trust me, they've never seen anything like it and you'll easily command the situation. Lol.

2. Work out an arrangement with your neighbor that's a win/win for both of you.. For example, my neighbor has the perfect "lawn" There's about 2 dozen palm trees and none of them shed leaves or attract birds. Another plus is he's laid down that nice sod to cover up the dirt which is great. Best of all he's so into his landscape that he's set up an irrigation system to water his yard. No chance of water spots from sprinklers

3. Like the others mentioned, it's always nice to have some D114 handy.

4. Having a pet that loves detailing as much as you do can be a lifesaver! Here's my cat running nextdoor 1 Sat. morning to lay her body across the lawn in order to prevent the gardeners from working until I was totally done with my quik detail. Gotta love that cat

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                Allow me to provide a bit of insight from the latin point of view.. They show up in their truck/van and instantly resent your misuse of the leafblower.. They say to themselves [in spanish] "check this out, this guy thinks he's fancy"! Electric leaf blower and all.. Lol.

"Hey Jose, why don't you show this guy nextdoor how a leafblower's supposed to be used" *grumble grumble*
                This had me rolling! LOL!!

I generally do rinseless washes anyways and use the sidekick for drying otherwise. I just don't think that they like that the gringo's car can get lower than theirs :P

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');