• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I clean these wheels up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I clean these wheels up?

Sealants - NXT, Ultimate Wax, M21, Paint Protect 365. Any of these would work. No need for a wax as it will not hold up that long to the higher temps in that area.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by jjrakwichian View Post
      Meguiars Sealant is good. What I usually do is, after I apply the sealant then wait about 5 mins to sit in well on the surface and wipe off the residue, then follow up with NXT 2.0 wax. Again, after apply wax, wait about t 5 mins to let the product sit in well and wipe off.

This should protect the wheel quite awhile
      Automotive paint sealant works well. As for waxing the wheel. If you know how to wax it right, the wax stay in quite awhile eventho apply that on the wheel. I ahev tested before that if reallyy working the wax.It will definitely stay in for awhiel.

But if you want to go a little more on a crazy size, then you can get the wheel coating and this will definitely stay on the wheel at least 5-9 real daily drive month

Comment

But if choosing to go for wheel coating, then there is no need for either sealant or wax.

Comment

I got a set of BOSS 302 wheels from a friend that had some marks and scuffs on them. They cleaned up nicely. I bought two Mother's buffing drill attachments to do the job. I started by washing the wheels and drying them. I then compounded the wheels with one of the buffing attachments. I used the second buffing attachment to polish the wheels. I then hand applied wax. Here's the link to my wheels thread: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...k-some-wheels!.
          2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');