• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who are still on the fence about rinseless/waterless washing.....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who are still on the fence about rinseless/waterless washing.....

Originally posted by fightnews
    i use it after a wash sometimes its good it makes the paint shine between waxing, i alternate the spray wax and the detailer when i wash it
    This is different. This is referred to as a drying aid. QD's are not meant for moderate to heavy dirt.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'm in So California so for me waterless washing works well because of the lack elements.

Absolutely love doing my light dusting with a California duster followed by ultimate wash and wax spray. Once your vehicle is properly sealed/waxed this method becomes the easiest.

I'm fortunate to have dark painted rims where I use the damp microfiber towel from doing the body to clean all the brake dust away. Makes cleaning the rims super simple with out leaving water spots.

Adding ultimate spray wax once a week can also protect the paint for over 6 months. (I'm sure it can go longer but I perfer a solid bucket wash and clay every 5-6 months)

Compleatly sold on the entire process

Comment

I understand that my "El Camino garaged most of the time" situation is different than most other members.

I haven't used water to wash the EL Camino since I bought it. The first 2 years, I only used Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer and once Ultimate Spray Wax. Both products leave some polymer protection.

At the Detailing 101 Class, Nicholas Winn suggested trying the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere, instead of the Detailer. It has a higher lubricity level.

I have used it three times now. Especially from the horizontal surfaces,I find that it picks up more of the dirt into the microfiber cloth than when using the Detailer product. That is good, just watch the microfiber cloth and keep moving to clean sections of cloth. I have found that it streaks more than the Ultimate Quick Detailer, particularly if the hood is warm. Turn to a clean part of the cloth that now is saturated with product and use that to interact/dissolve the streaks and follow it quickly with a polishing microfiber. That may even mean right hand UWWA and left hand polishing cloth.

Although it takes a little longer with the UWWA, I think the higher lubricity and dirt pickup is safer for the paint. Here is an example:

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Comment

I absolutely love this stuff..I actually use it as a quick detailer...Love the fact that can use it on glass without the need to drag out the hose and buckets..very easy to apply and remove and the results are amazing..

Comment

Mike or Nick
            How cold can it be in a garage to use UWWA (OK whatever the new name).
            Would it freeze to the car?
            Would the microfiber towels get damp and have ice crystals that would scratch?

I know some products include the equivalent of the safer antifreeze (not the poisonous ethylene glycol), yet did not see it on the UWWA bottle label. Is there a minimum storage temp?

Asking for an acquaintance in Minnesota don't you know.
            Something about 20 degrees. I verified, he was talking Fahrenheit not Celsius.

Where I live, I call the Chamber of Commerce here if I see frost for the third time in a year. I insist they send out guys with warm leaf blowers to make it go away. There website says frost only two days a year.

Comment

Called Meguiar's Customer Care Center.
              They suggested that 55 degrees F and above should be fine for UWWA.
              Watch for streaking if it gets colder.
              For storage, keep above freezing 32 degrees.
              I know I can use it all year. I just need to watch the high humidity.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');