• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Car Washs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Car Washs

I live in east coast in winter cars will get covered with road salt mist that builds up on car for days. I would like to avoid getting scratch n swirls . Is it safer to use touchless car wash or ones with brushs.. thanks for your help...

Re: Auto Car Washs

Drive thru car washes with brushes = swirl o matic

Stick with a touchless.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Drive thru car washes with brushes = swirl o matic

Stick with a touchless.
      Absolutely!

Comment

Another snow/salt driver here...TOUCHLESS!!!

Go thru the touch-less, and (if you have a garage area to work in) use "Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere."

Bill

Comment

I never wash my cars in the winter. My black vehicles look white for the three months driven in the winter salt. My old 06 daily driver still has almost flawless black paint. Dry salt on the clear coat will not hurt it but a car wash might. I tried it once and pushed the "touchless' button and the bloody machine gave me a regular wash with those filthy scrubbers. Not going to happen again.

Comment

@Blueline. The reaction on your face while being forced to sit inside your car during that tunnel wash would've made for a funny youtube videolol.

I can only imagine how upsetting that must've been.

Comment

I think youtube would have banned that video. But you did make me smile today.

Comment

Touchless...
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Hand-held wand stalls are probably the best, IMO, if you have those available. You can more or less just "rinse" the big stuff off for a $1.25 or whatever it costs, hitting and avoiding areas as you see fit (not as the machine is programmed), then just pull out and do some WW and/or QW with some way of drying - some of them have blowers. I don't like the so-called touchless washes or their automated tracking gear. Avoid brush contact at all costs.
                  Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                  4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                  First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');