• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird marks on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird marks on car

So I notice these marks today, it looks 100% like a water mark, but it doesn't seem to be. They're rough, kind of dented. Almost feel like plastic has come off.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

How do I fix this? Try with some Ulimate Polish? If clear coat is gone, how do I fix it? Do most, or any, manufacturer cover that under the warranty?

Thanks.

Re: Weird marks on car

It probably is a crappy clear coat fix like you had mentioned that decided to let go with an impact of some sort.
    The reflections of the lights don't even look like normal orange peel.
    They probably prepped the repair section , then tried to blend the rest without the adequate surface prep

Comment

Looks like a water spot but it also could be a rock chip. Hard to tell from the angle.

I hate clicking on links so this should help.

99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Looks like a water spot but it also could be a rock chip. Hard to tell from the angle.

I hate clicking on links so this should help.

Can water marks feel very rough though,
        like it's dented? I have several rock chips and they look nothing like this.
        a paint repair was done in this general area not too long ago, maybe I should bring it back to the dealership that did the repair and say this is on them?

Comment

I looked more closely, and there is a small dent too, other than these marks, so something must have hit it. Inconsiderate @?!&$%#!!!!!!

The dent is extremely small though, and no other damage to the area, whatever hit it (probably shopping cart) can't have hit it hard. So I wonder, can I still bring it to the dealer that did the fairly recent repair and say that it was a job bad done since the clear coat came off so easy after what seems to be a very minor impact?

Any input on this is greatly appreciated guys

Comment

Any takers? Is it reasonable of me to claim that clear coat shouldn't come
            off from such a minor impact? Heeeeeelp

Comment

Without physically seeing it, it's hard to say. Try some M205 or ultimate polish and see if that helps. Move up to something more aggressive if you need to.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                Without physically seeing it, it's hard to say. Try some M205 or ultimate polish and see if that helps. Move up to something more aggressive if you need to.
                Thank you for the advise.

Would that however work though if it's clear coat that has come off? Don't want to make it any worse. I'm a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');