• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3m wax vs collinite wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3m wax vs collinite wax?

Hey guys I was wondering your opinions on collinites 845, 476 & 885 versus 3ms perfect it show car wax and marine wax. I love meguiars paste waxes, but it's almost a disease I always need to get more and more before I ever finish what I have already. (Example, I just bought menzerna 1500, 2500, 4000, 4500 & power lock

I've seen reviews that favor collinites, and I've used them and they are quite awesome. What about 3m?

Re: 3m wax vs collinite wax?

I still prefer the collinites (I have experience with 845, 476s and 915), I find it has more depth than the 3M waxes.

I also currently have 3M performance finish, their synthetic polymer product which I find can also be tricky. It's a wipe on, wipe off product that wants to dry to haze even if the instructions says not to let it dry to a haze so you must work in sections and work fast. It feels tacky at first, but becomes slicker after 8-12 hours based on my experience.

I also have 3M Perfect it showcar paste wax. It's a hard carnauba (with polymers too, I think) not unlike collinite paste waxes. Again, not as deep shine vs. collinite, but it's a bit easier to use. It has a slightly brighter shine, and to me, not as durable as the collinites. The paste version of the perfect it showcar wax is easier to use than the liquid version. The liquid version is one of the first better waxes I used. I used it with their glaze, I still remember how unusually shiny our cars were. That was way back in 2003-04..

I personally am not a big fan of performance finish or maybe it's just not my type of product. I still prefer the perfect it show car wax, particularly the paste version.

Comment

Wow thank you for giving a great reply. Exactly what I was looking for

Comment

You can try performance finish for yourself, maybe it will work better for you than it did for me. Maybe just have at least 2 microfiber towels for buffing of the wax. I just find that it doesn't spread as easily, and again it is a wipe on wipe off product, you have to move quickly in order to remove the wax, this to me is a reason why the wax builds up in the microfiber towel thus compromising the overall results.

That said, it is reasonably priced, and you won't get as much deposits in tight spaces and plastic trim.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');