• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wipes

Hey Guys, Having a problem with Ultmate wipes leaving smear marks after wiping off wax . Real bad on dark color cars . I work in a will fast work enviroment. do 10 to 15 details a day. We have to reuse the wipes. They are washed once a week. When first pulled from their package they work fine .After a couple of cars they start smearing and washing them dont seam to help. Boss thinks it is the wax not having time to cure cause we rush so much. We use Gold Med. alot & sometimes Nxt . So today I let wax cure for 30 mins before remove still got smears. I believe the wipes are being wash wrong or they have limitation on how many times they can be used. Is there procedure on washing them or limits? Or would a paste wax be better option to use for less smearing? We really have no time for smearing at work. Any help to prevent this from happing?
    Jeff

If I understand your post correctly you are using one ultimate wipe on several cars and washing once a week? It's probably loaded with product and thats why it's smearing. I use 2 or 3 wipes sometimes more just on one car. Than they are washed before being used again. I think you are expecting too much from it. You can never have too many clean towels when your doing a deatil IMO.

Comment

Hey there,

I'm having the same problem. Two possible solutions I've read on the net are:

1. Boil water and place the towels in the water for a short time.

2. When washing the towels add a little vinegar to the wash.

I have yet to try these techniques so use them at your own risk. I'm looking forward to hearing better ideas.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by stevet
        If I understand your post correctly you are using one ultimate wipe on several cars and washing once a week? It's probably loaded with product and thats why it's smearing. I use 2 or 3 wipes sometimes more just on one car. Than they are washed before being used again. I think you are expecting too much from it. You can never have too many clean towels when your doing a deatil IMO.

The repeated use between cleanings is probably your problem.

I use several on one car and wash after each use. The smearing is still a problem for me.

Comment

Streaks from Ultimate Wipes

Don't know too much about Ultimate Wipes and how they function, but from what you are all saying I might have a solution to your streaking on dark paints.

When this occurs take a damp terry towel and in even strokes from front to back wipe down the the streaking area, this should remove the streaks, if the situation is what I think it is.

Let us know if you try this and it works.

Regards
          Bud Abraham
          DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Thanks guys for info. We just use one wipe for about 2 cars then throw them into a dirty bag to be wash. Seems they dont work as well after being wash . We normally have to lightly rewash car then dry off to cure the smearing. I felt there was still product in wipes after they had came back form wash. When ever they came back they dont stick to your skin like they do when the first came out of bag . Thats way i felt they may have limitation to them . Ill run boiling them to boss . Thanks again
            Jeff

Comment

What are you washing them with? Try adding ammonia to the wash to help cut through the wax.
              Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Originally posted by alanceperson
                Thanks guys for info. We just use one wipe for about 2 cars then throw them into a dirty bag to be wash.
                Thats far too much work for one wipe.

Comment

Not sure how they are wash. Think normal washing machine is used. They do work good for about 2 cars when 1st out off pack. just want to get that new feeling if possible back from the wash. I do know no fabric softener is used.
                  Jeff

Comment

Ultimate Wipes

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "Ultimate Wipes?" I initially thought they were pre-soaked paper wipes that have become so popular these days.

However your conversations about washing them lead me to believe that they are some type of cloth towel? Could you be talking about "micro-fiber" towels?

Please confirm.

Regards
                    Bud Abraham

Comment

Re: Ultimate Wipes

Originally posted by buda

Could you be talking about "micro-fiber" towels?

Please confirm.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham

Yes. The Megs Ultimate Wipe is a microfiber towel.

Comment

Ultimate Wipe is a trade name for one of Meguiars MF towels.

The solution is to buy more Ultimate Wipes. They are very reasonably priced. Use one or two per car then wash them. You are using them far too many times before washing them. Use Liquid Tide in the washing machine. Maybe you need to rinse them for an extra cycle, or maybe even run them throught the washing machine twice.

RamAirV1
                        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Micro Fiber Towels

We also import micro fiber towels from Asia and find that they do not require any special treatment other than washing separately.

That is, wash towels for windows alone; wash towels for water and wax alone and wash chemical and grease towels alone.

We do not use micro fibers or towels for silicone dressings choosing to use an applicator pad. If we do have to wipe up some overspray then we use the towel designated as the "chemical towel."

Another point, if you did not know it. You need to wash micro fiber towels, or any towel for that matter, before using them. If you don't they will certainly streak windows.

Thanks

Bud Abraham
                          DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');