• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge Meguiar n Forum Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge Meguiar n Forum Members

I just used Ultimate Liquid Wax on a light silver car. I found it very hard to impossible to put lite or thin coat of wax. It is very hard to see where you put the wax. I would like to challenge meguiars n members to put up a video putting down thin coat of wax as they recommend.. I wind up putting uneven wax

Re: Challenge Meguiar n Forum Members

There are many such videos. The issue is when the liquid being applied is close in color to the paint. On mine, D301 is close enough to the black to make it very hard to see, so I move my head and look for light angles, etc. Generally, though, just because you can't see wetness doesn't necessarily mean the liquid wasn't spread there - that's how thin it can often be
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Being an owner of a silver car and having worked on similar colored cars myself, there are other brands out there while they don't offer that thin film technology, require product to be applied thin or at least has very thin consistency that really makes you apply product thinly. A few products I tried? Collinite Insulator Wax, goes on real thin... Carlack 68 (Klasse Sealant Glaze). With Klasse/Carlack 68 sealant, basically if you feel you've applied too much product, you probably have..

Comment

I posted my thoughts in your other thread.

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');