• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved, now no access to hose. Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved, now no access to hose. Options?

Ok, so I've moved to a location where I don't have access to a hose. Sure I can fill my buckets in the tub, and try that way, but that doesn't leave me with an option for rinsing as needed. I know there is that spray bottle of stuff I can use where I don't need to rinse after. However, that is still just 1 small bottle and I can't imagine that it would be cost effective to use on a regular basis for my daily driver. I'm looking for options, and I'm a little out of practice since the move and getting settled has taken so much of my time. Any help or suggestions for my situation would be appreciated. I am on a tight budget, so overly expensive ideas are out, for the short term at least. Thanks!

Re: Moved, now no access to hose. Options?

Meguiars Rinse Free express wash or rinse free express wash and wax should do nicely, or ultimate wash and wax anywhere.

Comment

^^Agreed, plus you will find much better value for money with the first two options being available in a bulk size.

Comment

If you can fill bucket(s) in a tub inside, then yes, a rinseless wash would be your best option.

Quite economical too if you buy the product in gallon containers...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Megs D114 and D156 as mentioned above and get the one gallon size.

Comment

I agree with all of the above. I'll also mention you can theoretically run a hose from your kitchen/other sink or with under-sink valve fittings to make your own spigot (of course, this assumes you're not in an upper level apartment and parked on the other side of the building). Also, while you'll need to use WW methods regularly now, you can surely go to a coin-op wand wash place, if even just for a quick soap-n-rinse (never use the brushes!), followed by your WW and QW methods to dry and re-wax - a couple of bucks every month or so.

So, it's going to be less convenient to wash, but still doable
            Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
            4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
            First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I used to play this game when I lived in an apartment. Still do in the winter...

Rinseless washing is the way to go. IMO Waterless washing is only good for lighter dust.

If the car is really dirty I will spray it off at the local coin-op before coming home to do the rinseless.
              D114 in a bucket and about 10 plush microfiber towels soaking. And then you'll need some for drying as well. Do one section of the car at a time.

I usually use D156 while I am drying just to make things a bit easier and add a bit of gloss.

You're other option is doing a two bucket wash at the coin-op LOL. That's always fun.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'd forgotten about the rinse free stuff. Though I think I'm going to need to go brush up on my products and acronyms.

Comment

I no longer use a bucket and sponge, but a bunch of spray bottles (with every megs product in my arsenal). But the main and really could get away with only one you need is D115 @ 8.1 spray it over the car, and wipe with microfibers.. Using a less expensive one on stuff like the skirts and wheels, and a decent one on the paintwork... Best part is its quick & my car looks showroom. Cos we've had some serious rain storms, i thought hmmm my car looks a little dirty this morning, while taking the trash out.. It was 7:20am, by 7:45 i had to get the kids to the bus stop. So 25mins, 15mins of which was waterless wash on the car and the other 10 was shower, load the kids and get 'em to the bus stop ! No i didn't dress the tires in that time, or do the insides of the wheels, but the point is, you can make the car look good very quickly, and without the rigmarole.

Comment

I'm now in the same boat. I've relocated for work and now have no driveway or hose option, so I'm putting my own advice to the test UWWA is just the king
                    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

@theDoc46. Me and you seem to think exactly alike! Every other day seems to be the sweet spot in order to keep things down to a piece of cake and the whole car done super quik. Like 10min. and all I need is 2 microfiber towels and my bottle of D115@6:1.. Sometimes the drying towel is still near perfect that I go ahead and use it as the cleaning towel my next time out.

Just like you said, are the tires done during 1 of these quik hits? Not usually, but heck I usually hit the rims & tires at a separate time w/o cleaning any other part of the vehicle whenever they need it.

I sometimes/usually skip the windows when doing a quik wipedown. Cleaning exterior windows & rubber window trim via waterless is by far my least favorite part of the process, it's also the main difference between ending up with minimal dirt on my microfiber towels or having my towels near fubar at the end of the waterless wash. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');