• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my baby running! Finally!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my baby running! Finally!!

Good day all! I tore my 72 Dart swingers heart out two years ago for a upgrade and she is finally going and going strong! from a 318 to a 360. She has a really nice rumble!

Body and paint next but he shines real nice for original paint

Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Got my baby running! Finally!!

Awesome! Congrats on this milestone.

Can't wait to see how good it looks with the body and paint work done. It actually kinda looks really tough the way it is now!

What color are you thinking of painting it?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats man. I know how it feels to have a treasured car sit for a while and the feeling you have after getting it running once again. It's not exactly easy to have the patience to wait out for such long periods of time like that.. People with new cars don't have this problem. But having put forth the patience for a car you already own, instead of ditching it like some would've advised makes this day even sweeter. Great stuff!

Comment

i was hurting inside seeing her not running after being used daily for 3 years. It was worth it all this time; now I want more power lol. The bug has got me bad hahaha. @davey g force, thanks! Your not the only one who has mentioned the tough appearance she has. I may leave it alone as the doors back are all original paint and pantina with the dents. I'm the second owner of this car actually.
        I was going to do plum crazy purple or a peach orange, the engine bay will be all black. That motor was a hard fit with headers! Omg! So I dinged up my bay so I'm going to re do it all black and bag the motor
        And thanks el dorado 2k!! Your exactly right !
        Alex
        1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
        1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Sweet. Don't see too many Darts on the road, let alone one with that much muscle. If you can, post a video of it running....love the rumble of a V8

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');