• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-13 Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-13 Glass Cleaner Concentrate

I really wasn't looking for a new glass cleaner, I had been using Stoners up until a couple of months ago when I switched to Sprayway and I was very happy with both of them. But after reading so many good things about this product I finally figured to give it a try.

One of the things I like about Sprayway is that it is a foam, so when I spray it on the window it stays there, I don't have to chase the droplets down the glas before they hit the paint. I figured I could solve this problem with the D-13 by using it with the foaming spray head. That didn't work out too well, it actaully comes out of the foaming sprayer way too hard, so it ends up running down the window anyway.

I tried window 1 this way, not good. OK, I figure I just change to a standard sprayer. After changing and doing another window, I wasn't very impressed with the results, well honestly I thought the results sucked. I almost binned it but then I figured I must have been doing something wrong. If mostly everybody else was getting good results, I must have been doing something wrong.

I think I figured out I was using way too much on the window. I used less on the rest of the windows and it did a pretty good job.

I'm not completly sold on it yet, but I am going to give it another try and I would be willing to bet my results will continue to improve as I become more familiar with the product.

A, you did dillute it right?

B, are you using a microfiber?

I've found that D-13 and a microfiber is about the only thing that will get glass just perfect. I never thought to try the foam sprayer with it. I just have the standard sprayer and it works well enoough, but true it does not cling in it's place to the glass. You might be using too much though, it just barely takes a mist to clean a window so that it takes a little while before it starts to run. In fact you use so little combined with the dillution level it makes me wounder if I'm every going to use this gallon up. I've been giving it out to some friends, so far we've used less than an inch off the top of the gallon jug.

Anyways, mist, wipe with microfiber, flip microfiber over and wipe with dry side, it should work very very well.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
      A, you did dillute it right?

B, are you using a microfiber?
      yes, and yes

You might be using too much though, it just barely takes a mist to clean a window
      I think this was probably exactly my problem, next time I try it I will use less.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');