• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System cordless drill -rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Power System cordless drill -rpm

Greetings,
    I don't have access to power where I park. I have a cordless drill which has a speed of 750 rpm. Which might be a little low. ( would it only be good for wax?) I have seen a low cost cordless drill with a rpm of about 1200, would this be much better to do basic polish or would it work with the compound too? A cordless is my only option. I don't want to break the bank on this. Thanks for reading

Just check on battery life. Full speed will run down quickly. How far is it to your plug for a recharge. And how long does the battery take for it to recharge. If you are planning on doing small areas at a time it might work. I know you said there is no power where you park, but if at all possible I would try and do it somewhere else. IMHO, I think you will be disappointed with the results with a battery machine.

Comment

Re: DA Power System cordless drill -rpm

Thanks for the reply, Well it's too far to run a extension cord. I am not sure how long it takes to charge,(18v pack) I usually leave it on overnight. There are not too many swirls in the paint , I am trying to improve my methods and supplies to minimize them. I guess I can do 1 panel at a time. I don't have any car-guy friends that would appreciate what I am doing if you know what I mean.

Comment

I have two Ryobi chordless drills, but only one of them will fit the DA Power System. I'm glad I have a handful of batteries as when I'm using the system on the drill, I have to keep rotating through batteries as it wears them down kind of quickly.
        2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Never had any luck with my Ryobi cordless.

Comment

I've used the DAPS with a Bosch 12V Model PS31. This little guy is a beast for it's size! Specs are 0-1,300rpm no load speed, 265 in-lbs of max torque.
            The key thing here is the torque. While the max RPM is below what Megs recommends, since the DAPS is a direct drive, it continues to spin even with pressure applied.
            I've had excelllent results using M105, M205 and NXT 2.0 paste wax.
            I'm confident I could wax an average sized vehicle with this combo using the (2) 2.0 amp hr li-ion batteries supplied with the drill.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');