• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCS Euro Foam Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS Euro Foam Pads?

A couple of questions here. The first one being; Does Meguiars make something like the CCS Euro foam applicator pad? The one that is about 6x4x2. I looked but I did not see them on the Meguiars site
    If not, they should, or at least start carrying them to sell.
    I find the typical round pads, once you're into the job for a little bit are kind of hard on the hands, particularly the fingers.
    So, while I like and use Meguiars products, I intend to order some of these pads to apply them with.

My second question is this; If anybody has used these pads, is there any PRACTIAL difference between the red one for applying wax or sealant and the gold one?

Thanks

White 2002 Toyota Sienna

Re: CCS Euro Foam Pads?

What makes you think those applicators will be easier on your hands? They could well be, but until you try, you won't know.

I haven't used them before, but if they're anything like the LC CCS machine pads, then there will be very little difference between the red & gold.

(I really like LC CCS machine pads btw)
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Well maybe I've been using the round pads wrong l, but I tend to put most pressure on them with my fingers when using them. And I've noticed that different manufacturers sell a little handle you can put on them.
      So it looks to me like if you are able to hold the pad like maybe one might hold a scrub brush then that would just be easier and less fatiguing on the muscles of your hand.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Yeah, that's one of the reasons I signed up for the Saturday class in Irvine (I'm in Orange, CA) on October 3rd, too learn stuff like that.
        And hopefully to get my car looked at to see what they think i might really need, instead of going out and buying all kinds of product willy-nilly.
        But as to the article, that's why I think those euro foam pads, or that style, is beneficial, because you can grip them better, and apply the pressure more evenly.

Comment

I have the cutting and polishing pad and they work good. You will happy with them or the Meguiar's yellow applicators. Side by side you probably won't notice too much of a difference in correction. The Meguiar's yellow foam applicators are the nicest foam applicators that I have personally used.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Meguiars does sell a hand held thingy with velcro that you can use with their small machine pads (3-4 inch I believe)

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');