• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, looking for advice on how to use Paint Restoration Kit G3300 + other stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, looking for advice on how to use Paint Restoration Kit G3300 + other stuff

Hi everyone!

Nice forum. Usual first time poster, but have been lurking for a while. Bit of a background first - my car's a 2009 Subaru Impreza, satin pearl white. Pretty well taken care of for the first three years with weekly washes using the two-bucket method and a monthly cleaner waxing, with the occasional three step detail all done personally by hand. It started getting neglected after I got into law school, though, having only had occasional car washes at the local shop. The intervals between them could be weeks, so rain etc. would get baked on the paint; rain especially gives the white a sort of darkened tint that's hard to remove with cleaner wax.

Anyway, now that I'm out of school and have some free time, I thought I'd get back to work on the car. So I've got around four years of neglect, and though I treated her to a 3-step detail at the local shop, the results are a bit... subpar. Swirls and discoloration still there. I got Meguiar's G3300 Brilliant Solutions Paint Restoration Kit, so what I have in total is as follows:

Gold Class car wash
    Clay bar
    Quick Detailer
    Ultimate Compound
    Gold Class Carnauba
    Cleaner Wax
    AutoSpa 10" Random Orbital
    Leftover Mother's clay bar

After reading up, it seems that the consensus is my piece of tech here is little more than a wax spreader (?). So my question is... How do I proceed from here? The safest way it seems would be to use the cleaner wax with the orbital, but I'm also thinking of using the ultimate compound with it first. Thoughts from the experts?

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');