• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a vacuum

I have a 2.5 hp shop vac. I'm looking to upgrade to something small but powerful I was looking the metro. are they a wet vac too? are they good? what is the difference between the models? any other options out there?

Re: Looking for a vacuum

Check out this thread...
    Many will have you believe the best detailing vacuum will be the biggest, badest, most expensive, but let me show you the best shop vac for detailing based on real world experience.

From threads I have read in these forums in the past I think most members would agree with the link above.

Comment

Are you buying it for personal or professional use? If you're buying it for personal use and money isn't really a factor go with a Metro. If you're a professional detailer and looking for a reliable workhorse, choose a Ridgid. That Ridgid vac Super Dave provided the link to should serve your needs.

Here's a good review of a Metro Vac from a professional detailer. Great info.

Today's product review is the Metro Vac N Blow Vacuum.Looking to get more customers coming through the door? Let us show you our fail proof way how - Google ...

Comment

I have a the portable rigid that I use to clean the company vehicles I do. I irks great. Then at my other company I have a big shop vac that I keep in there garage and that works great to.

Comment

I have the Rigid as shown in Super Dave's link. I purchased the Rigid automotive accessory kit, as the short black hose that comes with it does not work well in a car/truck. I've used the Rigid wet and dry and am pleased. I've used it hours on end and not a hickup. I would suggest keeping spare filters, they do hold up well, but can not be found in stores everywhere.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');