• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - New Project -Limited Experience Detailing - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - New Project -Limited Experience Detailing - Suggestions?

Hey guys... New guy here from eastern PA. Just a little bit of background on myself, I am a Corporate Technical Trainer for one of the big MSO's in the US and have a few toys that I like to keep in as good of condition as possible, hence my intrigue in a pro type detail. I have limited detailing experience except for bass boats. I have a had a few over the years and was very successful bringing that old oxidized gel coat back to life with progressive wet sanding and buffing.

About a year and a half ago i purchased a new to me 2008 F250 with 18,000 miles on it that was in immaculate condition. Better yet, it was one of my all time favorite colors - Vermillion Red. The bad thing about this color is that you can see every little imperfection and it is horrible when it comes to water spots and I need to get these things out because it is driving me crazy. Since I am new to this car detailing stuff I was hoping you guys could help me out with the process.

I planned on clay bar, compound (possibly all in one) and sealant/wax. What products would you guys suggest for my situation? I realize you want to use the least abrasive compound/pad that you can get away with but I am not really familiar with the meguiar's products. Here is a picture of the culprit minus the chrome bug shield, tonneau cover, red letters in the grill, chrome letters below the tailgate, and bigger tires of course. hahah..

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');