• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

older paint prep for winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older paint prep for winter

I'm in New England with 2 cars from 2006. Neither have every had a full paint correction but plan to do so in the Spring including clay bar, etc. I'd like to protect my paint the easiest way I can for the coming winter. Carnuba paste?

Re: older paint prep for winter

Personally I would choose Ultimate past wax but the semi new Paint Protect 365 might be a good option. Maybe Mr Winn will chime in with a better solution?

Comment

Welcome to MOL.

I'd recommend going with a sealant such as Ultimate Wax, M21, NXT or Paint Protect 365. They will offer longer protection. PP365 will last the longest out of them. Ultimate Wax would be the next longest lasting product.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Living in PA with a Black DD parked outside 24/7, I agree with the concept of "protect in fall, correct in spring". The previous posters haven given you some good info, but I'd like to add one point. The longevity of your protection is dependent on surface preparation, so I would definitely do a proper clean and clay step before applying your sealant of choice. You don't need to use up your entire clay bar. Break off enough to make about a 3 to 4 ind diameter flat patty. Once the surface gets dirty with contaminants, fold it into itself and continue with the clean side. Save the rest, stored in a closed container or ziplock bag, for your full prep in the spring.
        Here's a shot from late last winter of my DD. Protection's still going strong.

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');