• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner/Wax or Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner/Wax or Sealant

Hey guys,

I am getting into some "Production Detailing" on Daily Driver cars. And am finding out that it is more cost efficient to use a Cleaner/Wax or Sealant to create less steps. For my personal car, or for some SPECIALTY cars, I will use the full 5 step process.

Is there a specific Meguiars product that you guys feel would be excellent for this. Also, since I have quite a few cars lined up for the next 2 weeks I am also wondering if there might be something bigger that I can buy also.

Thank you greatly All!

Ray

Re: Cleaner/Wax or Sealant

I like D151 PRC for one step jobs. If I want a touch more protection I will top it with D156.

It is nice because you can adjust the amount of cut/finish by just changing your pad choice.

D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream only comes in gallons, but it is very cost effective:
    See why Meguiar’s has been a trusted car care company for more than 120 years by shopping an authorized selection of products to treat any motorized vehicle.

And D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax is in gallons as well. It is the Pro version of Ultimate Spray wax.
    Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax 128 oz - Add the finishing touch to paintwork and plastic! Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax is the quick way to add depth, gloss, and protection to any vehicle! Spray it on and wipe to reveal a rich ...

Comment

Agreed.

D151 was intended exactly for the purposes you described above... And it's a great cleaner wax!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thankyou guys very much! I will check those out right away, and thankyou for the links!

Ray

Comment

Would I need pads other than the New Thin 5", Red Compound, Yellow Polishing, Or Black Waxing pads. Or would I need some other kind for the 151?

Thank you and have a great weekend guys!

Ray

Comment

Personally, I think sticking with black and yellow pads might be all you need. Getting too aggressive might create more work for you than you anticipated and require an additional step to remove any micro-marring you might create with an aggressive pad.

Perhaps if you'd describe your "specialty" cars some folks here might have additional suggestions.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
              Personally, I think sticking with black and yellow pads might be all you need. Getting too aggressive might create more work for you than you anticipated and require an additional step to remove any micro-marring you might create with an aggressive pad.

Perhaps if you'd describe your "specialty" cars some folks here might have additional suggestions.
              Most likely won't need the black pad with D151 unless it is REALLY soft paint. Even then D151 wouldn't be the solution at that point.

If I was doing one step jobs for people I would be just using the yellow pads most likely. It all comes down to a test spot though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');