• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys changed your clay bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys changed your clay bar?

I got one directly from Meguiar's, and it is FAR superior to the ones I've purchased at WalMart and KMart; It is softer and more pliable, and easier to work.

At first I thought that you guys had changed the clay bar, but the more I think about it, it could also be that the bar is fresh, because one of the things I've always hated about the bars that I've purchased at the chains is that they are hard and unpliable, especially when cold. Those bars could be "stale".

If "staleness" is actually the cause, the reason could be uncompetitive pricing, you know. I've gone into KMart and Pep's and seen the Meg's bar for a few $ more than Clay Magic. Anyone who knows about clay will also know that Clay Magic is a reputable product, so the choice isn't really the same as the "Meg's at $5 or TW at $3" one.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Clay

Hi you guys you are lucky to have only paid $5 for your clay. I went and purchased the clay kit Meguiars from Kmart in Australia in my area at $35. I suppose I should do a mail order to the States by the sounds of it. have a nice one.

Davo

Comment

Oops, I'm afraid I wasn't clear; It would be Meg's clay at $15 vs ClayMagic at $10, and both being known reputable products, vs Meg's wax at $5 and Turtle Wax at $3, and both being unknown products. The rationale being a clay consumer is savvy and would choose the CM based on price (knowing both were good, take the cheaper), and the wax consumer is unsavvy and would choose the Meg's on the HIGHER price ($2 isn't all that much and because it's priced higher it might be better).

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Mosca,
        Which Meguiars clay bar did you purchase?
        Quick Clay, Overspray clay, or Clay from Detailer line?
        I will check my quick clay bar which I received recently, for to other clays I have used.

Eric
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I'm referring to Quik Clay, the white bars from Wal Mart.

Comment

A good way I've found to keep a clay bar "fresh" is to spray a little of the detailer spray on it before closing it back up in whatever container your using. It will help slow it from drying out. Then usually I hit it with another spray and kneed it a few times before using and it's back to like new after a little while. Still, you should consider a new clay bar anually at least. They generally get old before you can fill them.
            Later,
            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');