• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Travel Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Travel Kit

I am wondering if Meguiar's can make a travel kit, so we can keep it in a car.
    8-10oz small sprayers with QD, Windshield Wash, Bug & Tar remover..etc with Black bag with Megiuar's logo.

We can refill liquid, and there is room for yellow pads and MF towels.

03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

I would buy as soon as it hit the market!

"Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

That would be a NICE purchase.

Believe it or not I got a BOX with all the NXT line & some Scratch X- I carry in my trunk at all times. Just in case I need to head to a quick outing or meeting and I need to clean the car up SUPER quick.

Comment

I used to have a small (Sample size) bottle of QD that would fit in the palm of your hand, but I gave it away.

Neat little thing.......Complete with the Meguiar's logo & red color, just like the big bottle.
        r. b.

Comment

This sounds like a great idea. I currently carry a bottle of Quik Detailer and a bottle of Interior Quik Detailer in my trunk along wiht 2 MF towels. I was thinking of just going out to a hardware dtore and getting some small spray bottles so I don't have to carry the big bottle around. The only problem is that I don't think the trigger on the QD has a screw top so I can refill the little guys. Or am I incorrect?

Another issue...heat. I am concerned that with summer coming up, the bottles may be prone to leaking or the heat can degrade the quality of the product. Anyone care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
            This sounds like a great idea. I currently carry a bottle of Quik Detailer and a bottle of Interior Quik Detailer in my trunk along wiht 2 MF towels. I was thinking of just going out to a hardware dtore and getting some small spray bottles so I don't have to carry the big bottle around. The only problem is that I don't think the trigger on the QD has a screw top so I can refill the little guys. Or am I incorrect?

Another issue...heat. I am concerned that with summer coming up, the bottles may be prone to leaking or the heat can degrade the quality of the product. Anyone care to comment?
            You can unscrew the sprayer head on the red QD bottle.

Outside of the QD, I would be concerned about high temps degrading the product.......Unless the contents are used up often, and refilled with fresh product.
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
              You can unscrew the sprayer head on the red QD bottle.

Outside of the QD, I would be concerned about high temps degrading the product.......Unless the contents are used up often, and refilled with fresh product.
              What would you consider to be HIGH temps?

I live in NYC so my climate is not like Phoenix.

Im sure the products can hold up to a certain point in hot weather.

Just thinking about having my trunk practically empty with "TRAVEL" size as oppose to all the FULL Size supplies I carry on me now.

MEGUIARS THE PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTS
                What would you consider to be HIGH temps?

I live in NYC so my climate is not like Phoenix.

Im sure the products can hold up to a certain point in hot weather.

Just thinking about having my trunk practically empty with "TRAVEL" size as oppose to all the FULL Size supplies I carry on me now.

MEGUIARS THE PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING....LOL
                I'm not positive about the high temp end, but I would guess anything much over 100-125 degrees would be too much..........On the other hand, Meguiars does not recommend that their products be exposed to 32 degrees, or below either.
                r. b.

Comment

Temperture is one thing, but I don't plan to store Travel Kit in the trunk forever. Plus all bottles are smaller, so sprayers require frequent re-fill.
                  Mainly I would like to use Travel Kit for weekend trip, and I don't want to carry 4-5 32oz sprayer bottles along with other detailing tools.
                  I would much prefer to carry smaller size cool looking Travel Kit bag, and would like to keep my car as clean as possible even I am away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by cafemoc

I would much prefer to carry smaller size cool looking Travel Kit bag, and would like to keep my car as clean as possible even I am away from home.
                    What a great idea Toshi!!! I always pack my Last Touch, Glass Cleaner and Micro Fiber Towels for my weekend trips. I just put them loose in the trunk.

I could take more product if it was packaged smaller and in a nice travel case. Or then, maybe not. If I took more product I would spend more time on the car and less time with the wife!!!

Possibly two lines of bottles? Professional and Detailer line.

Comment

I've just purchased a Travel Kit from Canadian Tire today. It consists of 5 products, HotRims All Wheel Cleaner, HotRims Tire Spray, GoldClass Liquid Wax, Quik Detailer, Soft Wash Gel.
                      The bag is in black with a nice Meguiars logo in the front . Inside the bag there are four mesh partitions for bottles. The zipper is going around the bag so it can be opened fully (like we open a book). The only down side is that there is no specific storage for MF towel. But I can roll up a couple of towel and stick them in one of the mesh partition. The full package is on sale for CAD 34.99 (CAD40.25 taxed), all products are in their regular size (not those small sample), so I think it is a very good deal.
                      Unfortunately, the gallery is still down. I'm ready to post pictures as soon as the gallery is back online.
                      If someone can't wait, PM me so I can email you pictures.
                      Mike, is it possible for me to send you the pictures so you may find a way to post them?
                      Cheers
                      Stephen

Comment

great idea

I'd be first in line also to buy something like this. Maybe a mini NXT product line or just the bag and the mini bottles,etc.
                        Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

I just came back from over night trip to Cambria near Monterey California, and one of our group member had his own travel detailing kit with small sprayers.
                          He said he purchased small bottles/sprayers(looked to me those were 10oz bottle) at Walmart beauty supply section, and he filled up with Glass Cleaner, QD, other liquid, and kept them in fishing gear box.
                          I was thinking even smaller bottles, but I am going to go Walmart to check what's available. I really like Meguiar's OSHA bottles with logo on, I wish Meguiar's offers OSHA mini bottles if Travel Kit is not possible.

Comment

Pictures as promised.

Cheers
                            Last edited by nx80v; Jun 6, 2005, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Meguiar's does have a kit that come's with four product's. You can get it from Kmart. They have it for $30.00.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');