• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genuine Meguiar's Wash Mitt or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Meguiar's Wash Mitt or fake?

Hi all.

New to this Forum.
    I've just bought a replacement wash mitt from ebay and......
    It seems different from the old one.
    Does anybody know if this is a new design? (I hope).
    Or fake? (Hope not!).

Thanks for looking.

Ian.

Re: Genuine Meguiar's Wash Mitt or fake?

Did it come in packaging that looks like this?

Look at the tag inside. If it came in that sort of packaging and says it's made in China, then you have reason to believe it's of inferior quality. Where I'm at those towels and mitts with that kind of label are sometimes found at the 99cent store but upon close inspection they're not the same quality as the real deal.. The towels are worse than the mitts.

The authentic mitts with the traditional label will say made in Vietnam on the tag. [they could also be made elsewhere, I'm just going by my current mitts]

I have 2 of those "China" mitts and at 1st I was really cautious about whether or not I wanted to use them.. But now that I've broke them in they don't seem all that bad. But I still reserve them for certain areas [i.e. roof of SUV] when I can just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Re: Genuine Meguiar's Wash Mitt or fake?

Hi Again.

Thanks for the reply.

I've been in touch with the seller and he informs me it is a wash mitt, split from a genuine
      Meguiar's starter kit.

Googled this and also looked on ebay. I now have pictures of how my wash mitt was packed......
      I'll have a look inside for the tabs later.

Cheers.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');