• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratched my black beauty (BADLY) while taking my rain guards off. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched my black beauty (BADLY) while taking my rain guards off. Please help!

I goofed up big time while taking the rain guards off my new 2012 black Mustang GT. I am compounding and polishing to remove swirl marks from the previous owner and decided to remove the rain guards while I was at it. I used something much to harsh and caused a bunch of scratches where the rain guard was. It was completely my fault and I should have known that using a piece of (embarrassed to say) coated wire would leave deep scratches.

I compounded and polished with a DA using Ultimate Compound and Polish. Some of these scratches are deep, and won't come out. I think I went through the clear coat and base coat and maybe into the metal!

I don
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');