• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with BMW X5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with BMW X5

Hello all, I have a 2015 X5 that I need assistance with. The car has the X-Line trim. In the back of the car under the bumper and again in the front of the car also under the bumper are pieces of Silver Matte trim. See below. Are they coated and get treated like paint or treated like bare aluminum? The running boards are of the same looking material except complicated by pieces of rubber on the top. Pics is of the rear and the board. The trim under front bumper is the same as the rear I posted. The roof rails are a more stain bright finish also aluminum. Any help would be appreciated. It's my wife's car. Car only has 6000 miles on it. The aluminum looks bad because its dirty after it snowed here today and road slop is on the pics. Sorry about that but I am sure you get what I'm asking for.

Re: Need Help with BMW X5

No replies? I even stumped Stoops with this one?

Comment

Hopefully you get someone who has come across this.

I can definitely see the difference in the finish. On some angles on that rear lower piece it looks like there is some gloss so I am thinking it may be clear coated. Did you get a chance to try UP on a small area?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I haven't tried anything yet. Was hoping someone else already has.

Comment

why not just rinse and use soap and clean it that way?

Comment

I will do that. I'm just inquiring about whether it is a material that can be waxed like a painted or treated like bare metal?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');