• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable rear bumper repair job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable rear bumper repair job?

I recently had my rear bumper repaired due to a minor hit and run at what I thought was a decent chain body shop in the DFW area. When I went to pick up the car it was nearing sunset and it was under covered parking, so I didn't have the best light to inspect the quality of the work. Well, I now have a bright sunny morning and I am not happy with the color match and I can tell easily a difference from a ways away. I called the auto body shop back and explained to him about my displeasure and he said that they did a spot repair for the base coat and that they then applied another layer of clear coat to the entire bumper, and that the clear coat layer was the cause for the shade difference and that they would likely be unable to do anything about it. They also left a whole bunch of holograms across the entire bumper due to someone using a machine polisher. He stated those would be there until I wax it in 60 days, which I know better that wax will not correct the problem as I own, and have for quite a while, machine polished my cars and relatives. Anyway, I am quite unsure if I want to allow them to try and correct any of these issues and would rather take it to a different shop. This was a claim on my insurance, so I will be contacting my insurance company to voice my displeasure. Any advice on how to proceed? Should I give the first body shop another go, possibly wasting another week or so to possibly have no better outcome, or go to another body shop, one that frequently works on high end cars and restores classics as well. I guess it probably all depends on what my insurance company says. Anyway, thank you guys for any advice. Sorry for the long post. I have attached a few pictures of the paint job.

Re: Acceptable rear bumper repair job?

Does anybody have an opinion on the color match? I have more pics if that would help.

Comment

I think you posted the wrong link I can't see them

Comment

Sounds like you are on the right track by contacting your insurance company.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Sorry about that, it was working before. I will try uploading them again.

Comment

Comment

Can you guys see the pictures now? ... They are showing up for me in my original post now.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');