• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best heavy pad that generates less heat (for rotary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best heavy pad that generates less heat (for rotary)

Hello there. I was thinking of buying a new heavy pad for my rotary but I really can't understand what's the best choice for someone who needs the property of generating less heat possible...

When I looked for this kind of property I saw many different technologies but found that they're really similar: Scholl "spider" technology, Lake Country "waffle", Cobra "cross grooves", Chemical Guys "hex logic", Rupes "central hole", etc.

Thanks for your help

Re: best heavy pad that generates less heat (for rotary)

Foam pads with a rotary tend to produce the most heat.

If you are looking for something heavy cut that doesn't produce as much heat try a wool pad.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
      Foam pads with a rotary tend to produce the most heat.

If you are looking for something heavy cut that doesn't produce as much heat try a wool pad.
      Ok thanks. What do you think about microfiber pads on a rotary?

Comment

Originally posted by ob1 View Post
        Ok thanks. What do you think about microfiber pads on a rotary?
        They aren't really designed for rotary use. Not to say it isn't possible to use them, but I'm not sure what the results would be.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
          They aren't really designed for rotary use. Not to say it isn't possible to use them, but I'm not sure what the results would be.
          Optimum pad are clearly made for both rotary and DA: http://www.optimumcarcare.com/mcp.php?li=9

Comment

Originally posted by ob1 View Post
            Optimum pad are clearly made for both rotary and DA: http://www.optimumcarcare.com/mcp.php?li=9
            Talk with optimum and see what they say about pad heat with MF pads on a rotary. I believe they are the only company selling MF pads for rotary use.... FWIW

Comment

I didn't like the feeling of microfiber pads on rotary buffer. It was just too grabby. I tested Lake Country's beta-version rotary buffer microfiber pads as well. I like wool pads much better even though they can create swirl marks but operate as much lower temperatures with more cut.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');