• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orbital and wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbital and wax

I no a lot of people will disagree, but I find a cheap orbital is great for applying and removing wax. I can do it in half the time. And it does just a good of a job, in my opinion. After I remove the wax I go over it with a microfiber cloth to finish it off.

Re: Orbital and wax

For applying and removing wax, yes an orbital polisher is quite good!

It's when you come to doing any corrective compounding or polishing the orbital polishers tend to be out of their depth. That's when a DA Polisher or even a Rotary polisher really come into their own.

Comment

I don't disagree at all. My little orbital is pretty much all I need to use. Contrary to some, it can take out some fine lines, with a little work, and a good polish. Of course it will not work for more pronounced flaws, but if your paint is good, it is a fine little tool to save time and the elbow. I only use mine to apply the final wax as I prefer to remove the residue by hand.

Comment

Yep, I use a DA, but it's the same idea. A little cleaner-wax and you've got a mild correction. I don't use it to remove (D301), though. It's a quick wipe though, no buffing.
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Hi, I am trying to decide the best applicator pads to use on my 10" and 6" what type of material do you all use for applying the wax, and then using the buffer what material do you use to remove the wax. Since there are about 1000 various materials out there, it can get very confusing. I still do my Lincoln and Thunderbird by hand, but we have a large F150 that I want to try using the buffer before my arms fall off Thanks all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
            Yep, I use a DA, but it's the same idea. A little cleaner-wax and you've got a mild correction. I don't use it to remove (D301), though. It's a quick wipe though, no buffing.
            I always use my DA to apply products but use towels to remove. rarely buff

Comment

Thanks Top Gear! I am assuming microfiber bonnets are appropriate to apply?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyman1234 View Post
                Thanks Top Gear! I am assuming microfiber bonnets are appropriate to apply?
                I am fairly confident Top Gear would be using some type of foam pads on his DA. I believe you are planning to use a small orbital buffer which takes a bonnet type applicator. If that is the case, then yes, microfiber bonnets are fine to use to apply. That is what I use to apply, but buff off by hand.

Comment

Thanks Blueline, exactly what I was looking for. Appreciate this!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');