• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing sand from carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing sand from carpets

I heard some guys talk about using a sander to vibrate sand out of carpets so I thought I would give it a shot. WOW. The mat shown was vacuumed and blown out with a tornador, it still had a small beach coming out of it. Great for inside the car too.
    www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Re: Removing sand from carpets

That is amazing! Great tip!

Comment

That's inspired! Maybe a DA will also work, holding the plate still and hanging the mat against it?
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

need to brush it with a good stiff brush.to remove as much sand as you can..left.right.up..and .down.then put the shop vac to it.may take a few time...

Comment

Interesting tip. I gave your vid a thumbs up. Thx for posting.

Comment

Great idea! How does it work on carpeting that cant be removed? Loosens it enough to be vacuumed or should I just stick to the floor mats?

Comment

I'm thinking if you held your vacuum hose beside the sander/DA w/brush, as you move around the carpet or mat, you could save even more time. Nice tip!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');