• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Marine Compounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Marine Compounds

Are the marine compounds (49, 67 and 91) diminishing abrasives or SMAT? The boat I'll be polishing has light to medium oxidation and I'll be using a Flex 3401 so will I need something with more abrasive than the Meguiar's 7 inch yellow pad? I've polished cars for several years (not professionally) but this is my first boat so any suggestions are welcomed. Oh, any suggestions with slightly peeling decals? Thank you.

Re: Question About Marine Compounds

I know for sure M67 is diminishing abrasives.. I assume the other 2 are as well.

Comment

I was afraid of that. I started detailing with SMAT and have used nothing else. I love it but I guess it's back to watching videos on how to use diminishing abrasive compound. Thank you.

Comment

Pretty sure they all are DAT.

As to the oxidation, have you looked into the new product, Heavy Oxidation Scrub (M-772)? Looks promising to me.

As to the 'decals' go gentle and careful around the edges. Some graphics aren't not affected by 'polishing' whereas other will just be ruined in a heart beat.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the advice BillE. I have looked "over" the product but not to the point where I've looked for reviews. Sounds intriguing.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');