• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time application of M21 - 3 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time application of M21 - 3 questions

First time I used M21 and I applied it with the W9207 (the 7 inch foam finishing pad) mounted on my PC DA. I should mention; I love the results! Just want to get better at this.

I'm wondering (actually, I'm pretty sure) if I loaded the pad too much because when I was finished and washing the pad, the sealant just kept coming out of the pad in clumps as I was wringing it out. Looks like I used about a third of the 16 oz. bottle, too. I thought I'd load the pad similar to loading the microfiber cutting pads with compound but I'm sure I wasted most of the product so I'm wondering; what's the best way to load the pad with sealant? Is a foam pad the best way to apply it with a DA? The bottle does note other Soft Buff pads to use but wondering if there's an alternative.

Second question is; what's the best way to remove it? I'm interested in removing it in order to do some paint correction later this summer. I heard that clay will remove it and wondering if it' easy to tell if/when it's been removed.

Third; can this be applied to a vinyl wrap or should it only be applied to paint? If not, am I "limited" to using wax?

Thanks in advance!

Re: First time application of M21 - 3 questions

First off welcome to MOL.

1. Too much product was used. This is a good thread to read on how much to apply.

2. Polishing will remove it. It is also possible that the sealant will have seen it's end of life by the time you get to paint correcting it.

3. What type of vinyl wrap? Matte or gloss?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

If you used up a third of the bottle, you used way to much sealant. An X or quarter size drop of sealant on a pad should be enough to cover a panel. You do not need to "load up" the pad when applying sealant. Take a look at the following thread; it has pictures of what a thin layer of sealant should like like when applied with a DA.

As for removing the sealant, if you are planning to clay and compound/polish the car when doing the paint correction, the sealant will be removed when polishing. You do not need an separate "removal" step before paint correction.
      Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Comment

Thanks for the info & the links!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');