• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cleaner/wax combo or AIO for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cleaner/wax combo or AIO for me

Hi,

Recently bought a new 2016 Mazda Miata. It's white. Paint is in great condition, accept for some very light swirls/spider webbing under fluoresent light....or sun light if you look really hard. I assume that's normal for a new car?

What cleaner and wax combo do you suggest to correct issues, or AIO cleaner wax? Beauty is number 1 wax priority. Not as concerned about durability.

Will be applying by hand. Thanks!

White wax gets good reviews.

Comment

Re: Best cleaner/wax combo or AIO for me

Fixing defects by hand will be tough. It's just hard work. I would tend to want Ult. Compound to do anything by hand, but hard work.

As far as just detailing, White Wax, or White Wax followed by a wax like Ult. Wax would be great.

Of course claying first....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looking for comments /results on AIO mirror glaze#6 , also should there be a wax applied on top of AIO#6 and if so which wax is recommended

Comment

There's no need to apply any other product over #6 if you use it regularly. However, you can apply Gold Class, Ultimate Wax or M26, depending on the results you desire.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill , living in north east Pennsylvania the weather can be real crazy so I was just looking for that extra protection

Comment

Originally posted by Kmarth View Post
              Looking for comments /results on AIO mirror glaze#6 , also should there be a wax applied on top of AIO#6 and if so which wax is recommended
              Comes down to personal preference. It is fine to apply something longer lasting over it. Ultimate Wax or Paint Protect 365 would be good choices. Just know that their longevity will be affected as it will be bonding to the layer of wax left behind by M6.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Kmarth View Post
                Thanks Bill , living in north east Pennsylvania the weather can be real crazy so I was just looking for that extra protection
                Now that you mention your goal is the best protection from the elements, I'd recommend considering the same choices as Guz, either Ultimate Wax or Paint Protect 365. A6 Cleaner Wax, while being the product I recommend most often to the average Joes who just want an easy to apply and remove product, isn't the most durable in the Meguiar's line. If you have the opportunity to refresh it every month or so it will get you through a winter.
                I've got PP365 on two of the family fleet and though winter hasn't hit us hard yet, I'm pleased with how it's holding up so far, 6 and 7 weeks respectively on cars that are driven daily and live outside 24/7 in Western PA. Another option you have is to use Ultimate Quik Wax periodically to boost the longevity. My 3rd family DD, which didn't get coated with PP365, gets spritzed with UQW every other weekly wash job, as it's getting dried.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');