• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Ultimate Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Ultimate Liquid Wax

Good afternoon to you.

I have been using Ultimate Liquid Wax for few months and I love it.

I applied Ultimate Liquid Wax on my car on a weekly basis so keep my car shine. Is this harmful to my car body paint?

Thank.

Re: On Ultimate Liquid Wax

Welcome to MOL. There is no need to apply ultimate wax so often. It is a sealant. It will not harm your paint. Have you considered using ultimate quik wax or D156? It's a maintenance product and a wax booster.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Welcome to MOL. There is no need to apply ultimate wax so often. It is a sealant. It will not harm your paint. Have you considered using ultimate quik wax or D156? It's a maintenance product and a wax booster.
      My car is black in color. After rain, there will be white spot if I were to view it closely. Liquid wax does help to certain extend to remove these white spot. However, I am a person who like to keep my car in a tip top shiny condition, hence as long as weekly application doesn't harm my paint, I will continue to do it on a weekly basis.

I read about Ultimate Quik Wax

Comment

Ultimate wax on a weekly basis? That synthetic lasts months!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Slick View Post
          Ultimate wax on a weekly basis? That synthetic lasts months!
          Yes, but I applied wash and wax followed by Ultimate Wax weekly.

The reason being, when the rain comes, white spot will form on my black color and I hated it. In order to keep my car in shiny nice condition, I apply on a weekly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Absolutely correct. This would be our recommendation.
            Brian Hann
            Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
              Absolutely correct. This would be our recommendation.
              However, if the surface of the vehicle is dirty which may not be visible to naked eye, by applying ultimate quik wax or D156, it is as good as embedding the dirt in between the vehicle surface and the solvent.

For effective cleaning, won't it is better off to do a Wash and Wax whereby the vehicle is absolutely clean and then apply Ultimate Wax?

Comment

That is correct. You do not want to use Ultimate Quik Wax or D156 on a dirty surface. You may want to consider Ultimate Quik Detailer or M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer in that scenario as an easier mist and wipe option rather than washing and waxing again. Waxing every week is definitely not necessary but also not harmful.
                Brian Hann
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                  That is correct. You do not want to use Ultimate Quik Wax or D156 on a dirty surface. You may want to consider Ultimate Quik Detailer or M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer in that scenario as an easier mist and wipe option rather than washing and waxing again. Waxing every week is definitely not necessary but also not harmful.
                  Great thank to you.

One more thing to check with you, ... everytime after rain, white black of residue will form on the car body especially under the hot sun, is there any product from Meguiar that when applied once, will prevent this from happening for at least a week?

Thank.

Comment

A waterless wash or rinseless wash would be my recommendation to use to remove light to moderate dirt. Something like ultimate wash & wax anywhere. Or if you have access to the detailer line D114 or D115. It won't prevent it but it will help you maintain the finish.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just use a quick detailer, and you can use the D156 after the surface has been cleaned for a quick shine.

You are just wasting money and product doing a liquid wax every week.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGoesFast View Post
                        Just use a quick detailer, and you can use the D156 after the surface has been cleaned for a quick shine.

You are just wasting money and product doing a liquid wax every week.
                        I would only use a QD on light dust. But that's just me.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Is the D157 the same as ultimate liquid wax, in the way the D156 is the same as the UQW?

Comment

156 is UQW.

I think D157 has been discontinued.

Bill

Comment

BillE is correct. D157 has been discontinued for a little while now, but to answer your question no it was not equivalent to Ultimate Liquid Wax.
                              Brian Hann
                              Meguiar's Inc.
                              Irvine, California
                              bhann@meguiars.com
                              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');