• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about #57 and #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about #57 and #7

I will soon be correcting the paint on a 1995 boat. I did a test spot today and I love #67. Here's the first question: What is the recommended usage of #67 on the pad? With UC or 105 it's 3 or 4 pea size drops but what about #57 which is a DAT product? The second questions: Has how does #7 and gel coat get along? Thank you.

Re: Questions about #57 and #7

I use 67 just like any other compound. Prime the pad, add 5-6 'dots', work it until just about dry, then wipe off.

As to pad, Depending how 'nice' the surface, I start with a LC White then move up as needed...orange, yellow.

I've never tried M-7 on fiberglass. But have read good reviews about M-45 (Boat/RV Polish).

Lastly, when you typed "57" that was a typo, right?

Bill

Comment

Re: Questions about #57 and #7

Yes, 67! My bad. I tried 105 with LC orange and then #67 with burgundy pad which was much better. I think I can get more clarity but I'll just have to work with it. As hard as gel coat is I doubt 205 with a polishing pad will touch it. Yes, I too have read good things about M45 but I was hoping not to buy more stuff. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');