• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on forum "advertisement"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on forum "advertisement"

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I wanted opinions. I posted this on a Camaro Enthusiasts forum and so far (3 days) I have only gotten 28 views and no replies. I was wondering if there was/is something else I could do to drum up a little bit of business?

Since it's almost that time of year, I figured I put it out there that I do automotive detailing during the summer. I have 25 years experience with a random orbital buffer (Porter Cable) and I used to do this as a full time job.

My services include an in-depth, two bucket wash of the car, followed by compounding using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I follow this with a polishing using Meguiar's Ultimate Polish until the paint is a perfect as it's going to safely get (I won't 'chase' deep swirls and scratches and risk taking too much clear off the paint). Finally I use Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (or 476s Super Double coat IF I can get it to play nice, 476s can be a difficult wax to apply).

**If you have any products you prefer to have used on your car, let me know and I will use them instead**
    • Also included is cleaning/dressing the tires and cleaning/waxing the rims.
    • A full vacuum and wipe down of the interior is also included, but I no longer steam or shampoo interiors (I'm too old & too fat to wiggle around inside a car to scrub and shampoo the seats & carpets ) Plus a full exterior detail on a car the size of a Camaro takes a full day by itself.
    • Windows are cleaned inside & out then treated with RainX
    • I come to you, the detail is done at your own home, you don't have to go anywhere.

All I ask for is that you be within an hour's drive of Akron or Cleveland, an electrical outlet to plug in my extension cord and a water source (garden hose) for proper washing and rinsing of the car.

**I leave my house at sun up and expect to be at yours by no later than 9:30am/10:00 am. I plan on the detail taking until 6:00-7:00pm or later: I stop at dark unless you have lights.

So what the bottom line?

For an average car, I make $150. If the car is black, I add $25 since black shows EVERYTHING and is a bit harder to work on. If for some reason, the compounding/polishing/waxing cannot be completed in one day (this has never happened to me yet), then I charge $50 ($75 if over 4 hours on the 2nd day) to finish the job.

**Tipping is always welcome**
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');