• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble removing scratches/swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble removing scratches/swirl marks

Hello,

First I want to apologize if i posted this in the wrong area as I am brand new to the forums

I have just started detailing my mustang and seem to be having issues.

So what I did was;

1. Wash and rise with Meguiars ultimate wash and wax
    2. Hand dry with Meguiars water magnet microfiber towel
    3.bring inside to cool shaded garage, then clay barred car with meguiars clay bar and quik detailer for lube
    4. used ultimate compound on sections with deep scratches.
    5. Polished entire car with ultimate polish
    6. waxed entire car with ultimate liquid wax

now the car looks fantastic, you can so tell the difference. but i still see many scratch marks that i expected the ultimate polish to remove. I dont know if i needed to run the ultimate compound across the entire car? I will if needed.

my concern about this would be since i already polished and waxed the car can i use ultimate compound? i imagine that would take off the wax.

Also when i was using the polish, i used more polish, less polish, no matter what i did some areas left hazed smudges on the car. i just couldnt scrub it off.
    once i waxed the car all of the smudges came off but im afraid since i left smudges i didnt polish it correctly.

i used a mixture of microfiber applicator pads and foam applicator pads.

any help and advice would be fantastic.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');