• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie Mistake: Used Meguiar's Chrome Cleaner on Polished Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Mistake: Used Meguiar's Chrome Cleaner on Polished Aluminum Wheels

I just recently purchase some American Force Shield 22x12 wheels($2800 rims lol). I had cheaper chrome rims before(20x10 XD Monsters). I got home from work and decided to wash my truck. Started to wash my truck and decided to clean my wheels with the what I always use lol. Didn't think a wheel cleaner chrome vs aluminum really mattered much. Boy was I wrong. When I got done I was shocked how bad they looked. The rims looked like milk. I freaked out and went online. There really isn't a lot out there about chrome wheel cleaner on aluminum wheels. Do a google search and look for yourself. A handful of threads at most. You guru's probably just know that its a no no but a common guy on the street probably doesn't know better. After I literally thought that i just ruined my brand new wheels I decided I needed to do something. Its dark outside but im still determined to fix what i did. I go to my nearest auto parts store and they don't have a Meguiar's Aluminum Polish. I go to Walmart and they don't have a Meguiar's Aluminum Polish. I got Mother's Mag and Aluminum and hand polished all 4 wheels. Unfortunately that hasn't done the trick. I got the dynacone from pep boys but it wasn't the kit. Just the dynacone drill attachment. Im posting this just to get more info out there really. Hopefully this is one more thread people will see when they google search lol. Im going to try the dynacone tomorrow after work. May need something stronger than mother's mag and aluminum. Im not saying that they look better after but its far from the way they looked before. I got the rims installed on my truck last week and already messed them up. Here is a pick of the truck after they were installed:

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');