• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Polisher - Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Polisher - Trouble

My DA Polisher started misbehaving today - exactly when the new *black* car needed its first serious polish+wax. I checked the brushes - they looked good but I replaced them anyway but no difference. Is this something easily repairable - a screw loose, so to speak.

Here is what is happening:

2016 Acura ILX

Re: DA Polisher - Trouble

I would check the power cord by moving it around while the polisher is running. I think there are other that have experienced the problem.

Comment

Looks like the dreaded power cord. Contact Meguiar's customer service to see if they will cover the repair. Or post in the customer service area as well.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'd go with Guz as well on this one. Power cords are notoriously fickle.

Also, if you're using an extension cord, make sure it's heavy enough to carry the current you need. Thin gauge extension cords (especially 50' or longer) can reduce the power at the tool.
        2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');