• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acronym SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acronym SOS

is there a list of acronyms that are used on this forum Im new here help.

Re: Acronym SOS

Here's an old list I have. I'm sure there are many more...

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Gee, I don't use hardly any on that list

We tend to create acronyms out of the Meguiar's product name, or reference the #, often in the MG line - ah, that's Mirror Glaze. So, there's DAMF, or Dual-Action Microfiber, which is a part of the Detailer line, GC for Gold Class, DC for Deep Crystal, U[x] for Ultimate this or Ultimate that (a very common name around here), and so on. UWWA is an increasingly common reference, for Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, or M10[x] for the Mirror Glaze trio of compounds, M100, M101, and M105. QW is generic for Quik Wax, QD for quik detailer ("quik" is Meguiar's-speak), so GCQW/GCQD or UQW/UQD should now make sense. There's APC for all-purpose cleaner and LSP for last step product/polish. SS usually means the Supreme Shine Towels, and then there's a raft of numbers, from D115 (Detailer Line version of UWWA) to M205 (UP, or Ultimate Polish, in Mirror Glaze form) to D300 (Detailer Correction Compound) and on and on...

You'll pick them up over time.
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');