• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class QD vs Ult Quik Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class QD vs Ult Quik Detailer

I'm curious,

I was originally going to use Collinite 845 Insulator Wax to protect my car's finish, but I'm not having any luck applying it, and/or the bottle went bad.

I had bought the Meg's Gold Class QD because I thought that it would be a better "fit" for use with a carnuba-based wax, but since I'm having so much difficulty with the Collinite. I used the only other sealant I had on hand at the time, Meg's Ult Liquid Wax.

I've used the Gold Class QD for a few different things now - removing polish from a soft-painted black 'vette, as a drying aid and as a quick detailer. But I was wondering if I should be using the Ult Quik Detailer since I have the Ult Liquid Wax on the car? Will the Cold Class hurt the ULW any or will it be OK, I really do like the look I get with it and its ease of use.

For an idea of how my car looks after using the Gold Class as a drying agent, here is a picture:

So what should I do? Stick with the Gold Class, or get the Ult Quik Detailer?

PS: The tires were cleaned with HOT RIMS All Wheel & Tire Cleaner and dressed with High Gloss Tire Sealant. The rims were treated with UQW.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Gold Class QD vs Ult Quik Detailer

I don't believe any Meguiar's detailer will "hurt" any Meguiar's wax or sealant. Somewhere I read (sorry no specific reference) Ultimate Quik Detailer is more hydrophobic. Better for beading water.

Nice looking car, by the way.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      I don't believe any Meguiar's detailer will "hurt" any Meguiar's wax or sealant. Somewhere I read (sorry no specific reference) Ultimate Quik Detailer is more hydrophobic. Better for beading water.

Nice looking car, by the way.

Thanks
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Right, the product lines all work together interchangeably, but can satisfy different "looks" (or at least, "feels"). GCQW is a fantastic product. If you like the look of GCQW, you might try base waxes GCLW/M26, D301, Deep Crystal, etc. If you like the look of ULW, you might use UQW/D156, NSW, etc. UWWA works with both camps, another amazing product. All Meg's quik waxes are great on plastic and rubber trim, glass, and so forth, but I think that little bit of carnauba in GCQW makes it special. QWs won't hurt a base wax (they are the same general type of thing in spray form), although the frequent wiping will wear away the base wax faster than it would weather away otherwise. That's why matching the QW to the base wax can extend the same/similar look-n-feel of the base wax/sealant long after it's gone. However, I think the only direct matches are GC/M26-GCQW, UW-UQW/D156, NXT-NSW, and perhaps DC-QW (D156 is UQW and does not match the D301 Finishing Wax in the same way, not to me anyway, but GCQW is closer, carnauba-wise).
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');