• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Headlight Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Headlight Protectant

I'm having a hard time finding Meguiar's Headlight Protectant. It used to be readily available at Walmart or any auto parts store. Is this item discontinued? Thanks!

Re: Meguiar's Headlight Protectant

Probably getting discontinued.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, I thought that might be the case. If you or anyone can recommend another headlight protectant I would appreciate it.

Comment

The Guz is correct. This product has been discontinued. You can certainly use your favorite wax on the headlights especially if it happens to be one of the better protecting synthetic waxes like or Ultimate Wax.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
          The Guz is correct. This product has been discontinued. You can certainly use your favorite wax on the headlights especially if it happens to be one of the better protecting synthetic waxes like or Ultimate Wax.
          Thanks, I didn't know that Ultimate Liquid Wax can apply to head light too. I shall do that.

Can Ultimate Liquid Wax be applied to the chrome (plastic) portion of the vehicle?

Comment

Yes it can.
            Brian Hann
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Yes it can.
              Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried it, and it's great!

Comment

Thanks Brian. I hope Meguiar's develops another product to take it's place. McKee's 37 Headlight Protectant Spray was recommended to me. I have been using Ultimate wax for about a year now; just didn't know it could be used (or if it was effective against UV rays) on headlights.

Comment

Did these products work real well ? Were they ever made available in Australia ?

Comment

Meguiar's Australia is the best place to check for information in Australia (link below). It appears they do not currently carry the Headlight Protectant Johnny P was inquiring about.

The official site for Meguiar's Australia, the trusted experts in care care since 1901. Find all of your favorite Meguiar's products, plus tips and how-to videos.
                    Brian Hann
                    Meguiar's Inc.
                    Irvine, California
                    bhann@meguiars.com
                    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Yes, I found the Meguiar's headlight protectant worked very well. I applied it after restoring the lens and it definately protected against UV damage. Since it's discontinued a friend in the detailing business recommended McKee's 37 Headlight Protectant spray. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');